Our aim is to :
- continue to provide essential support to families in the Poringland and Framingham Earl area for children age 3 - 11 years old
- continue our close working relationships with local area Primary Schools to provide wrap-around childcare for children aged 3-11 years old at XtraTime After School Club
- continue to offer childcare during school holidays for children aged 3-11 years old
- extend the early years offer for children aged 2-4 from sessional, term time only, 3 days a week to 5 days a week, full daycare.
- provide childcare for babies and toddlers aged 0-2 years
The new premises will allow the setting to extend the opening hours to:
- Monday-Friday, 07.30-18.30, year round, for quality early years education and childcare for children aged 0-4 years
- Monday–Friday, Term Time Only, 07.30-08.45, to provide childcare and school drop off (Breakfast Club)
- Provide additional employment and placement opportunities for staff and students.
In current premises, we are limited by rental time’s available, shared use and the disrepair of the building.
Poringland Playgroup was established in the 1960’s. It was a small Playgroup run by parents in a home. In 1974 it moved to Poringland Village Hall and then registered with Ofsted in 1990 and the Charity Commission.
In January 2009 the heating failed at the Village Hall and the committee and staff felt that the group would need to permanently close. A small group of parents, with support from Norfolk County Council Early Years Team and The Village Hall Trustees managed to re-open the Playgroup in March 2009. There were 12 children on the books. The Playgroup grew over years adding XtraTime After-school Club (opened in September 2010) and then Timeout holiday club (in August 2011).
In 2015, the organisation re-registered as Time childcare - a Not for Profit Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO). Poringland Playgroup then became Playtime Preschool and continued to offer after school and holiday childcare. Time Childcare now has over 150 children on the books and employs 11 staff.
We need to fundraise to enable us to either purchase land locally to build a purpose built facility, or purchase a building and convert it or to invest into the All Saints Centre Project with a designated portion of the building for Time Child Care. The money raised will enable us to make our vision a reality and enable us to continue to be part of the local community, building on over 50 years of local Community Child Development and Support.
You can find out more about Time Childcare through our website. https://www.timechildcare.org.uk/