Great prizes from artists including Arctic Monkeys, Bastille, Coldplay, Duran Duran, Florence + The Machine, Frank Turner, Freya Ridings, Lewis Capaldi, Mark Knopfler, Paul McCartney, Stormzy, The Vaccines and The 1975.
Help for homeless people
Streets of London ambassador Mark Knopfler is supporting the charity's #ComeOnHome campaign, which is raising vital funds to help homeless people off the streets.
Recent figures show that rough sleeping has risen by more than a third in London in the last year, so help for homeless people is needed more than ever right now.
The cost-of-living crisis is pushing more and more people into homelessness, with rising prices forcing people who have never slept rough before onto the streets for the first time.
By entering this special prize draw you will be in with a chance of winning a brilliant prize and at the same time helping to raise vital funds to support homeless people.
This Prize Draw
Mark Knopfler and Gibson guitars have donated a signed Gibson Les Paul Classic guitar to this prize draw fundraising campaign.
To be in with a chance of winning this special prize, enter today! Entry into the prize draw costs £5 for one entry. The more entries you choose, the greater your chances to win, and you can enter as many times as you like.
Entries can be purchased between Wednesday 3rd May 2023 and Sunday 21st May 2023. The winner will be notified by Sunday 28th May via email.
What's the prize?
Named by Rolling Stone Magazine as one of the 50 greatest guitarists of all time, Mark Knopfler is an acclaimed singer-songwriter, guitarist, record producer, and film score composer. He is best known as the lead singer, lead guitarist and songwriter of internationally celebrated rock band, Dire Straits.
Mark and Gibson Guitars have donated a Heritage Cherry Sunburst Gibson Les Paul Classic to the Streets Of London fundraising draw.
This iconic guitar combines the early 60s style Les Paul model with some functional and time-tested modifications.
The guitar will be signed by Mark Knopfler and a photograph of Mark signing it will be sent to the lucky winner!
World-wide shipping is included and Streets of London will provide an accompanying letter of authentication confirming that the item comes directly from Mark's management, having been generously donated by him and Gibson for this prize draw.
For those interested in the finer details, the Les Paul Classic™ is crafted with a mahogany back and maple top coupled with a SlimTaper mahogany neck and a bound, rosewood fingerboard. 60s Burstbucker zebra, open-coil pickups provide classic Gibson tones from the era with a bit of extra punch thanks to the open coils. The control assembly features 4 push-pull pots, which provide choices of coil tapping, phase switching, and Pure Bypassing for functional and versatile sonic variety.
How do I enter this prize draw?
- Choose how many entries you would like and click 'Enter' - the more you choose the higher your chances of winning!
- There are a number of different entry levels available. The more you donate, the cheaper the cost per entry. For example, if you donate £20 you will receive 6 entries rather than 4.
- If you want to, you can make a donation without entering the prize draw. Head to our donation-only Crowdfunder here.
- You can also enter the prize draw without donating, by post. See terms and conditions below for details.
- By donating and entering the prize draw you agree to the terms and conditions.
About Streets of London
Streets of London (registered charity number 1155242) funds specialist support for people who are homeless in London, and raises awareness about the issue. We make grants each year to fund homelessness projects across the capital.
Using our knowledge of the sector, we target funding to projects where we know the money will make a real difference, so that homeless people have the support they need to get back on their feet and leave homelessness behind for good.
Since 2015, Streets of London has provided more than £750,000 of vital funding to the homeless sector in London, funding some fantastic projects that offer life-changing support to people experiencing homelessness.
To learn more about the projects the charity supports, visit Streets of London's website.
Where is the money going?
All funds raised from this prize draw will support Streets of London's work tackling homelessness in the capital, funding vital immediate help for homeless people as well as longer-term support so that people can escape the streets for good.
We fund a wide variety of projects each year (typically with a grant of £15,000 per project) that provide a range of support to homeless people including:
- Day centres - meeting people's immediate needs, such as food, a hot shower, laundry, medical facilities, emergency night shelter for vulnerable sleepers
- Housing advice and support to help people find emergency accommodation and secure longer-term housing
- Projects that help people to build their employability, skills and self-confidence, and help with looking for jobs
- Mental and physical healthcare and support for complex needs: eg mental health support, support for alcohol addiction, substance use
- Projects that provide ongoing support to people once they're in a place of their own, and help to develop independent living skills
One of the projects the charity has helped to fund is a catering skills course for people experiencing homelessness:
- The programme gives homeless people the opportunity to develop the skills they need to begin a career in catering.
- Work can often be the securest route out of homelessness. A job can provide someone not only with money to live on, but also meaningful occupation, a restored sense of self-esteem, belonging and a social network.
- Comprising a mix of practical cookery classes, barista training and life-skills, the aim of the course it to help people get into paid employment. Graduates can receive recognised qualifications.
- All graduates automatically qualify for a three-week paid work placement with a local restaurant, boosting their chances of successfully landing a job.
Every £15,000 raised as a result of the #ComeOnHome prize draw will allow Streets of London to provide vital funding to another amazing project such as this, that provides such an important life-line to the people it helps.
Thank you for your support.
The impact of your support
With the right support, people who have experienced homelessness can turn their lives around. It can have a huge impact on someone's life.
Will, who has benefitted from one of the projects supported by the charity, has this to say about how things have changed for him:
"The difference is unbelievable, you know, when I went in there, I didn't want to live. If I had the guts to kill myself, I would have... When I went out of there, I felt confident about my life, hopeful about my life. Yeah. it's changed my life. Saved my life, 100%".
Terms and Conditions
- Entrants must be over 18 years of age (parents can help here).
- Open to anyone (over the age of 18) worldwide except employees of the Promoters, their immediate families, or anyone professionally connected with the draw.
- Entries will be accepted between 00:01 am (BST) Wednesday 3rd May 2023 and 11:59 pm (BST) on Sunday 21st May 2023.
- Entrants may enter the prize draw as many times as they like. Multiple entries will create a greater chance of winning. To enter, select the number of entries you would like to buy.
- Entrants can make a donation to this campaign without entering the prize draw at our donation-only Crowdfunder here.
- To enter the draw without purchase, please send a postcard with the prize draw name, your name, address, email address and contact telephone number to: Mark Knopfler #ComeOnHome Prize Draw, c/o Streets of London, East Lodge, Farleigh Hungerford, Bath, BA2 7RW, UK. Entries must be sent on a postcard or on/within an envelope. Entries received on anything other than a postcard or on, or in, an envelope will not be accepted. In the case of multiple entries received in a single envelope or on multiple postcards, only one entry will be entered into the promotion. Entries sent by post must be received by the closing date and time for receipt of entries. Postal entries without correct and sufficient postage paid will be invalid and will not be entered. Personal and hand deliveries will not be accepted.
- Following the closing date, the winner will be chosen at random and contacted by Sunday 28th May 2023. They will be contacted by email about how to claim their prize. If the winner does not respond within 7 days of the initial email being sent, the next winner will be chosen at random and emailed within 7 days. Entrants are advised to check their spam folder from Monday 22nd May onwards to avoid missing notification.
- Physical prizes (ie items other than 'experience' prizes) will be shipped to the winner within eight weeks of the winner notifying the Promoter by email that they accept the prize and at the same time, providing a valid postal address and telephone number.
- By entering this draw, all entrants consent to the use of their personal data by the Promoter only for the purposes of the administration of this draw and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.
- The Promoter will keep entrants, personal details for a reasonable time so that it can communicate with the winners and send any prize that an entrant has won, to verify that these rules have been complied with, and for accounting purposes.
- The Promoter may disqualify any entrant whose entry does not comply with these terms and conditions (in Promoter's sole opinion) or who, in Promoter's sole determination, has acted in a manner that is fraudulent, dishonest or unjust to other entrants including, without limitation, tampering with the operation of the prize draw, manipulating or rigging entries, hacking, deceiving, cheating or by harassing or threatening other entrants or a representative of Promoter.
- The Promoter is Streets of London (registered charity number 1155242), at East Lodge, Farleigh Hungerford, Bath, BA2 7RW, UK.
- These terms and conditions are governed by English law and the courts of England will have exclusive jurisdiction.
- By entering into this draw, each entrant consents to these terms and conditions.