Just Stop Oil is a new, youth led climate movement with a simple demand: The UK government makes a statement that it will immediately halt all future licensing and consents for the exploration, development and production of fossil fuels in the UK.
Please give what you can to support our campaign's mobilisation and operations.
- £50 could pay for a young person to travel to a Just Stop Oil event
- £100 can buy banners, to send a clear message to Just Stop Oil
- £500 could hire a venue for a Just Stop Oil talk and cover the leafletting costs for local promotion of the talk
- £1000 could pay for a Just Stop Oil team's accommodation for a week
The International Energy Agency has stated there should be no new investments in oil, gas or coal supply from 2021 if governments are serious about climate.
Our demand tallies with what is needed, but it is not a small ask. For a major oil producer such as the UK to voluntarily leave billions of barrels of fossil fuels in the ground will make history.
The announcement will send shockwaves around the world and signal the beginning of the end of fossil fuels everywhere.
That is why we are going for the brave and prophetic ask, the big win, to demand an end to all new oil.
Allowing the extraction of new oil and gas resources in the UK is an obscene, genocidal policy that will kill our children and condemn humanity to oblivion. It just has to stop.
This choice of rapid transition to a low energy, low carbon world or social collapse is now inevitable.
We can do it now, in an orderly manner - creating millions of proper skilled jobs and protecting the rights of workers in sunset industries - or we wait for the unavoidable collapse.
In February, young people from Just Stop Oil delivered a letter to the British Prime Minister asking to stop oil new fossil fuel extraction in the UK. If the Government refuses, then in March and April this year 1000s of people will take to the streets to support the demand of Just Stop Oil for the government to stop all exploration, licensing and drilling for new Oil.
But we need your help to just stop oil. Please give what you can.
Funds raised will go towards the operations and mobilisation of the campaign to Just Stop Oil.
- Just Stop Oil is run by experienced organisers who designed and mobilised for the Extinction Rebellions of 2019 and the Insulate Britain campaign of 2021.
- We already have commitments from 700 people to take part in the campaign with 100 people or more signing up each week
- Over 30 public meetings are happening in towns, cities and campuses all around the UK every week.
- 40 people are being paid to work full time and over 100 people are working as volunteers
To mobilise and create the change we need to raise funds for the campaign. If we can get a win it will galvanise the global climate movement to adopt tactics that work and thus open the gates to the massive changes which are now vital.