We are Team England Adaptive/Para surfers & we need your help to get us to 2022 World Para Surfing Championships in the USA, December 4 - 11
by Ben Powis in Braunton, Devon, United Kingdom
Prizes will be issued as below:
1. GREEN OVERHEAD SURFBOARD - A Green Overhead Arima Atonic 5'10 - see: https://www.greenoverhead.com/collections/arima/products/arima-atomic-510-pu-surfboard
2. SURFBOARD bundle from Daniel Surf, including a NSP Protech Funboard and tailpad, Ocean and Earth boardbag and leash, and Sticky Bumps wax
3. ITIWIT and Olaian bundle of 2 x drybags, towel, wax & sun block, and My Journey Home signed book
4. BUNDLE - Bird Eyewear sunglasses, Cutty Sark whisky and Stay Weird Surf Co t-shirt/sticker pack
5. BUNDLE - North Coast Wetsuit Jacket, My Journey Home signed book and Stay Weird Surf Co t-shirt/sticker pack
6. BUNDLE - Gecko Surf Helmet, Bob Gnarly changing mat and My Journey Home signed book
7. BUNDLE - S.E.A crew t-shirt, Marlin Spike Rum, Bob Gnarly changing mat and Vayu digital yoga class.
8. DRYROBE, My Journey Home signed book and Stay Weird Surf Co t-shirt/sticker pack
9. The Wave - two nights stay in the Camp and a surf/lesson for 4 people
10. Bob Gnarly Surf bundle - 7'2 Osprey foamie, changing mat, and neoprene socks
11. FCS fins, deckpad and leash bundle, with Arctic Fox apparel.
12. Surf Mould Pro custom ear plugs, with Arctic Fox bundle.
We’re surfers with a disability, who charge, shred and carve it up. Adaptive surfing is all about cutting edge innovation, it’s about driving change and embracing all bodies and the way they can surf. Paralysed; you can surf. Missing leg(s)/arm(s)- you too. Visual impairment with a wave guide? You’re one of us. Brain injury- welcome to the team. It is also about people power and team work. We need a huge number of water assistants and out-of-water support staff, which significantly increases the number in the crew.
Why do we need your help?
We can’t reach the world stage if we don’t get sponsorship.
There is no funding from UK Sport or Sport England for adaptive surfing, so we're working hard alongside the team at Surfing England to raise enough funds for all our athletes to get to the Worlds. It should be for England’s best surfers and not just for those who can afford it.
With some of the world's best adaptive surfers on the crew, we know we can do England proud. We could get gold, if we can get the team there. It will cost over £20k in total, and as surfers we're working on trying to find half that money with Surfing England looking to fund the other half.
The Prize Draw
As a thank you for your support, we'll be running a Prize Draw with every £10 donation = 1 ticket.
If you donate more, your entries will increase. E.g. £30 = 3 entries.
Winners will be drawn on Wednesday, 30th November, the night before the team travels!
We've got some great prizes in the pipeline, to be announced soon!!
Prize draw T&Cs are viewable here: https://www.surfingengland.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/Prize-Draw-TCs-241022.pdf
Where will your donations go?
The money we raise will go towards fully accessible accommodation and flight costs (for team, support staff and surfboards).
We would be honoured if you can spare anything to help us get to the Para-surfing World Champs, if you’re able.
Please make a pledge to support the team, share this fundraiser with your network and if your an awesome surf business that wants to throw in some goodies for our prize draw please give us a shout.
A huge thank you,
From everyone on the Adaptive Surfing Team
This project offers rewards in return for your donation. Please select a reward below.