We know times are tough right now. And we know just how much impact this is going to have on people struggling to support themselves, let alone their furry friends.
In April, families across the country faced price rises of up to 50% on every day grocery items. It’s the hard truth that some people are being faced with the horrible choice of being able to afford feeding their families or having to give up their much beloved pet.
As a charity our purpose is to change lives for pets and people, through access to exceptional pet welfare services, care and vital support when people need it the most. Ensuring that more relationships between pets and people can thrive.
We do everything in our power to give pets the best quality of life and support the people who love them. So, when things aren’t as they should be, we’re willing to speak up for pets and their people to create a better world.
Pets treat people equally, and so do we. Everyone is welcome at Blue Cross, no matter what their circumstances. People hearing about us for the first time are often surprised by how much we do for people and pets in need, this is how we help:
- Loving homes - We find new, caring homes for pets who have been made homeless
- Veterinary - We care for sick and injured pets when their family can’t afford private treatment
- Behaviour - We provide behavioural expertise so that pets, and their people, can live healthy, happy lives
- Education - We give talks and provide advice to people who may need a little help now, or in the future
- Pet bereavement - We support people struggling to cope with the loss of a much-loved pet
We know a lot of people are struggling right now, so please help us continue being there for those in need. In addition to our core services above, money raised will help support things such as:
- Our pet food banks - We're looking to expand our network of pet food banks across the UK to support pet owners. We’ll do this by supporting volunteers to source pet food and sharing it with organisations who already support vulnerable people and their pets.
- Affordable veterinary care - Our animal hospitals and pet care clinics provide veterinary treatment to sick and injured pets when their owners can’t afford private veterinary fees.
£10 could help towards the cost of a long staying pet struggling to find a new home
£30 could pay for a dog in our care to be vaccinated against life threatening diseases
£100 could help to pay for emergency veterinary care for a sick or injured pet
We’ve been there for sick, injured and homeless pets since 1897 and every month we help thousands of pets, and their people, with specialist care. By supporting Blue Cross you are helping us change pets and people’s lives for the better.
Together, we can create a world where all pets enjoy a happy and healthy life, and more people experience the joy of pets.