In 2021 I dialled 999 to escape my abusive husband. Sadly, this was the start of my nightmare, I can’t go into detail as I hope that criminal charges will eventually be brought against him. I have fought with all my strength but now need an army behind me to finally be free.
Not only was there physical abuse, but there was also economic abuse which is ongoing. He has withdrawn my access to our savings and left me with huge bills to pay, despite this I do not qualify for legal aid and he is now dragging me through the family court. This is having a profound impact on my health and on my child who is terrified of being forced to see him.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
I urgently need your donation to help me to:
- Fund a barrister to represent me in the family court, cases initiated by him that are designed to abuse me further. I’m currently self-representing and failing miserably.
- Fund essential repairs to the home that he maliciously caused, we cannot currently live there and need to sort this by the start of the school year.
- Fund trauma therapy for myself and my child.
WHAT IF WE DON'T RECEIVE FUNDING?
- I will continue to represent myself but this is harrowing and increasing my trauma. A recent hearing meant I was ruthlessly cross-examined for 2 hours by his barrister, I've been unable to work since.
- I fear losing my child, he is claiming I am the abuser, a common tactic of perpetrators of domestic violence.
- We will face our third winter in a home that is cold and unsafe
- We may lose our home without legal support
WHAT IS IN PLACE FOR US?
- I have a non-molestation order and an occupation order for another few months
- The house has a police marker on it
- I have an IDVA - Domestic Violence advocate allocated to those most at risk - he has made threats to my life numerous times and continues to stalk me
- I have support from two fantastic charities who I will donate any excessive funds to and from my amazing family and friends
- I finally have an Officer in Charge of my case who is listening and keen to gain justice for us
KEEPING YOU UPDATED
I know that it is financially tough at the moment for so many and am incredibly grateful for donations no matter how small. I promise to keep you updated at least monthly, outlining where your donations have been spent. I will post copies of receipts to be fully transparent.
If you got this far, thank you! I hope that you will donate and keep our dreams of a life free of abuse very much alive,
(anon due to criminal investigations but the name seems very apt right now!)