We have reached our £35,000 target. Thank you for all your help. The new stretch target of £59,000 would allow us to implement our plans quicker and allow more people to get on board and be part of the project. It would also allow us to buy further fermentation tanks and allow us to increase production to brew more beer;)
Hammerton first started brewing in 2014 with the dream of being able to create the best quality beer possible using the highest quality ingredients as well as brewing unique and innovative beers.
We have now brewed over 2.2 million pints and with your help we would like to open up a permanent brewery taproom inside the brewery, so we can bring a fresh, unique and welcoming space to the area and allow people to try our beer direct from the source! We want to bring the freshest beer to our community and this is the best way to do it.
Since we first began brewing, we've received some amazing recognition from some of the most esteemed brewery trade groups, as well as many other highlights:
- Pentonville Oyster Stout voted best Stout in London 2018 (CAMRA)
- CRUNCH (Peanut Butter Milk Stout) winner of best can/bottle at SIBA the South East Regionals (Incl. London) 2018
- N7 (IPA) winner of best Cask IPA at SIBA the South East Regionals (Incl. London) 2017
- N1 (IPA) winner of best Cask Overall at SIBA the South East Regionals (Incl. London) 2015
- N7 (IPA) winner of best Cask IPA SIBA the South East Regionals (Incl. London) 2015
- Pentonville named in Time Out as one of the 'Best Craft Beers in London'
- Listings with COOP, Fullers, Youngs, Greene King and national distributors
- Exporting across Europe, and as far afield as Hong Kong
- Install a mezzanine for extra seating and storage space.
- Remove the current cold room and reinstall in the new warehouse unit, freeing up space for the taproom.
- Continue to develop and grow our barrel ageing project by using extra storage on top of mezzanine.
- Purchase a state of the art pilot brew kit, allow us to brew some untried styles to be drunk exclusively in the taproom, as well as collaborative involvements with the community and homebrewers alike.
- Install an open plan fully equipped kitchen. With this, we can help give local street food concepts a base to showcase their skills, and focus on collaborative projects such as bespoke food and beer pairings and other unique events.
- Knock though the connecting wall between the brewhouse and taproom (warehouse) and install a glass viewing wall, so you can see what is going on inside the brewery whilst supping a beer.
- Install a new beer dispense system with 20 taps which will consist of the full Hammerton core range and experimental brews, plus guest beers from some of the best UK brewers.
Our current warehouse in use.
The brewery is in a great location and easy reach from central London.
Currently any free cash we have is ploughed back into the business to help us to continue to grow and meet demand, we find ourselves often limiting supply to our trade customers.
We have recently invested in new brewing equipment and fermentation tanks to increase capacity and looking to also invest in more brewing vessels. We will be unable to fund the Taproom expansion and do this at the same time, hence the need for help with funding.
We will not be funding the whole project through crowdfunding alone, but by offering rewards such as doubling your money back in free beer and exclusive brew days we will be able to give something back to the people supporting us.
This will allow us to reduce our borrowing costs and focus on what we enjoy doing most: Brewing and innovating.
In order to make our dream a reality we need to raise £35,000, in return for your support we have some amazing rewards including the below:
- Invest and receive double what you put in to spend at the taproom
- Brew day experiences from brewing a beer on our pilot brew kit with one of our experienced brewers to brewing on our full size kit.
- Lifetime discounts
- Exclusivity on first batch of barrel aged beers