National Emergencies Trust Local Action Fund
We’re taking part in the National Emergencies Trust Local Action Fund. Donations to our project will be matched by the fund up to the value of £250 to help us overcome the effects of the pandemic.
Please note only one donation per supporter will be matched by the National Emergencies Trust Local Action Fund.
Flixton Band and Flixton Community Band (Charity Number: 1142856) are setting ourselves a target. Now we are back sounding decent, what we really need is new uniforms, jackets and stand banners/stage decorations to make sure that we can sound and LOOK our best in 2022!
In 2019, we had a plan to deliver this but then COVID-19 happened and our income from donations, concerts and fundraising was completely cut off- but our expenses, like instrument upkeep, continued. This sudden 'turning off' of our fundraising opportunities was devastating. We now find ourselves heading into 2022, hoping that if we can spread some cheer around during this festive season, then perhaps the good folk of Trafford and beyond will send some joy back to us!
We think £4000 will enable us to "rekit" the band, and appear on stage next year looking our spiffing best!
£4000 is obviously a massive target but with your help we can acheive it. For a small donation, in lieu of our grateful thanks, we can offer:
- £10 buys you a personalised "carol card" video featuring the band playing a carol of your choice from our list.
- £20 gives you the ability to get a shout out from our Facebook/Twitter pages for your friends/family/business, with musical accompaniment if you like!
- £30 gives you the opportunity to conduct the band at one of our big concerts this festive season. (For a small extra fee, we may be able to persuade our MD to throw in a conducting lesson for your big day!)
- £50 gives you the chance to have members of the band play a small carol concert of around 30 mins at a street venue of your choice on a selection of dates in mid December. Location in the Trafford/Manchester area, or contact us first to check.
- £100 and you can send the band to your worst nemesis' street to carol at them! Or... claim some members of the band in the week before the big day for a 30 minute carolling concert at your driveway/street/venue. Location in the Trafford/Manchester area, or contact us first to check.
- £500 gives you the chance to have the band play a full blown concert at a suitable time and venue in 2022. This is a great offer for anyone hosting a big occasion in 2022 that they would love a band at. It may be a wedding, party, fundrasing event of your own or anything you need us for. With plenty of notice we might even be able to play your favourite music. Timing is subject to the band's current diary requirements, and the earliest possible date is mid-March 2022. Feel free to email [email protected] before you make this donation to discuss your ideas.
- £4000 and the band WON'T play at the end of your street at 6am on Christmas or New Year's Day!
For any of the above rewards, all you need to do, is make your donation and then email [email protected] to begin the discussions and arrangements.
We are also open to suggestions for all other amounts of donations.
Flixton Band at the North West Area Championships, February 2020
Flixton Community Band, Kirkby Lonsdale Contest Champions 2019
Flixton Band maintains a proud tradition of music making, which dates back over 140 years. The Band is currently graded first section by the National Brass Band Association of Great Britain, the highest of any Trafford Band. Flixton Band is currently self-funding and does not benefit from sponsorship.
Flixton Community band was formed in 2013 as a training band with the purpose of encouraging young and old players alike to learn an instrument and to be part of a brass band.
We have fun in a relaxed, friendly and supportive atmosphere with the goal of making some good music and progressing as musicians.
We are a charity and we support ourselves by doing a number of concerts each year and from the goodwill of people who make donations.
Money raised is used to run the bands, buy instruments, sheet music, and cover the running costs, teach and support new and existing musicians.
Brass bands exist in every corner of the UK, with over 30,000 people of all ages and standards taking part in weekly activity – rehearsing, performing and providing entertainment for their local community.
But we risk losing this forever.
Brass Bands saw their main source of income disappear in an instant when they ceased being able to perform in March 2020 in response to the Covid-19 pandemic.
18 months later, we still don’t know when normal performances will be able to take place. A significant loss in income over the past 18 months, paired with necessary expenditure needed to make rehearsal spaces Covid compliant means that many Brass Bands are in a perilous financial situation.
Without urgent support, we could lose our nation’s amazing Brass Bands. Please help us to make sure they survive this crisis and will be there to be enjoyed by future generations.
Please donate, share this page widely and do what you can to help us to make sure our Brass Bands survive this crisis.