Who are we?
Broadbottom Cricket Club (BCC) is a village community organisation located on the outskirts of Greater Manchester. We are a community hub for the village offering a range of cricket development with an excellent setup for senior, juniors and women's cricket. BCC loves engaging with the community and runs a number of big community events each year including the Beer Festival, Gin and Rum Festival, Under 9s Festival, Christmas party to name a few!
Why are we crowdfunding?
This is a huge renovation project for BCC with the whole main room and bar being ripped out. We are taking down walls, installing bi-folding doors (to build on our previous renovation of the viewing terrace), adding a snug area for our juniors, alongside a full rewire, new ceiling, plastering, new flooring and decoration throughout.
The whole project is estimated to cost £40k. We are doing as much of the renovations ourselves as possible, with the help of our amazing members who are giving up their time, donating their skills and helping to source materials.
We need your help! We want a clubhouse that is a more welcoming community space that encourages social interaction. For us to to achieve our ambitious aspirations we are Crowdfunding to raise much needed funds towards this project.
How we’ll spend the money raised?
The money we are aiming to raise will go towards the whole cost of the renovations, but in particular it will help us towards:
- Purchasing the bi-folding door and a new shutter
- New furniture including the junior snug area
BCC prides itself on being a place for the community to come together whether it is it for junior training on a Friday night, large scale events such as the longstanding Beer Festival, community events such as last years King's Coronation and the annual fun-day.
In the last two seasons alone we have seen our playing members increase with the development of an Under 19's team and a second Woman's team. In total we now have 11 league teams and we have introduced the ECB All Stars programme last year. We are looking forward to expanding our player base and offer quality leisure facilities for our community.
The brilliant kitchen crew volunteer their time each Friday night and most Saturday's cooking up a storm and offering affordable homecooked food available to the community.
The new clubhouse will make the space a much more attractive and user friendly space for the community to utilise - with a large open main room, a renovated bar and the junior snug area which our juniors have been asking for.
How you can play your part
There are four simple ways to help us reach our target, and make this project a reality.
1. Make a pledge. Don’t delay if you’re going to support us because momentum is key to our success!
2. Spread the word. Share our project on your social media pages and tell the world to get behind us! The more people we reach, the more support we will get.
3. Offer rewards. Get involved if you are a local business by donating things we can offer to our supporters. We will give you a shout out!
4. Fundraise for us. If you want to run your own fundraiser – maybe a sponsored activity or similar – use the 'contact project' button at the top of our page to let us know. Setting up your own page only takes a few minutes and you won’t need any bank details. Just a fun idea!