Southwater Community First Responders:
- are volunteers who provide immediate care to those in their community who have fallen ill.
- are dispatched by the South East Coast Ambulance Service (SECAmb).
- are trained to attend emergency calls received by the ambulance service (999)
- give life-saving care in the minutes up to when the ambulance arrives.
- aim to provide support 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- raise funding to install and maintain Public Access Defibrillators (PADs)
- run awareness raising sessions to encourage confidence in use of the appliances
For "Go Sober for October" we want to encourage people who are giving up alcohol for October to consider donating the money they have saved this month towards additional PADs for Southwater.