CHANGING PLACES TOILET
What are these? | Who needs them? | Where are they found?
Want to know more?
- the available space changes. Standard accessible toilets (or "disabled toilets") do not provide enough room to accommodate a wheelchair and two carers or a centrally placed toilet with room either side
- the facilities change with the provision of a height adjustable changing bench, a ceiling track hoist, a peninsular toilet, and shower facilities
- personal horizons change as the possibility of getting out and about for day trips and holidays can be a reality, which many of us take for granted
Who finds these life changing?
- anyone with profound or multiple learning disabilities, as well people with other physical disabilities such as spinal injuries, muscular dystrophy, multiple sclerosis and cerebral palsy
- the quarter of a million disabled people in the UK with limited availability of an appropriate toilet changing facility
- people who are presently excluded from a wide range of activities because of their disabilities
Where are Changing Places Toilets to be found?
- a network of Changing Places Toilets exists across Scotland but there is not one in Highland Perthshire
- the Atholl Centre in Pitlochry, a popular tourist town and centre for a wider rural community, have made plans to create a unique Highland Perthshire CPT. An App is available which enables a person to locate the Atholl Centre CPT
- as the Atholl Baptist Centre celebrates its 50th Anniversary this year, it is marking the occasion by building a CPT in their premises off Atholl Road, Pitlochry, Perthshire, PH16 5BX
How can you be involved in this project to change people's lives?
- spread the news that the Atholl Baptist Centre, even although it cannot accommodate guests during this Covid-19 pandemic, is still trusting God to enable them to begin the building work to create and equip the CPT in late autumn 2020
- donate to the Crowdfunding Appeal to show you too want to give dignity, show sensitivity and provide hygienic and safe toilet facilities which can change people’s lives