Barrow AFC Community Trust is the Charitable arm of our local professional fooball club Barrow AFC.
‘More Than Just a Football Club ’
- We, Barrow AFC Community Trust, are passionate about raising aspirations and improving the life chances of young people and adults in our community. We deliver a range of projects to promote health, well being, raising self esteem and encourage people to realise the benefits of physical activity.
- We aim to support teachers with the implementation and delivery of school sports including curriculum PE and extracurricular activities. Our intention is to plan and deliver high quality PE sessions aligned to the National Curriculum and provide tailor made schemes of work, which run alongside a schools competitive programme.
- As a club we aim to develop links to literacy and numeracy, increasing student engagement and reducing disaffection and lack of achievement. We hope to raise aspirations towards all forms of literacy and numeracy and teach pupils to transfer the skills learned into everyday life.
- We hope to assist with the development of grassroots coaches, supporting succession planning for the area and creating positive links with the Barrow and District Junior Football League.
- We want to create a club that the town and surrounding areas can be proud of and one that is central to sports development in Furness.
We are raising money for two amazing local causes.
The first being St. Mary's Hospice for their continuing work to provide end of life care to cancer patients and ongoing support for families in their time of need.
The second being the Barrow and District Junior Football League, to support their work in creating the best possible opportunities for young people in the area to access football and physical activity.
Facilities at Council owned are incredibly poor, so we are committed to investing in improving them to ensure the young people of our community have the best possible experiences of being physically active.