NO SWEAT: PAY IT FORWARD
We are asking you to make a donation today so that those living on the margins of society can feel represented and see their stories reflected onstage, meet new people and benefit from the power of theatre.
ABOUT THE SHOW
As the homelessness crisis continues to soar into the new decade, Vicky Moran's new play uncovers the forgotten LGBTQ+ displaced youth finding solace in gay saunas.
Working together with a mix of young LGBTQ+ homeless and ex-homeless people in London, Vicky Moran has created a play that shines a light on a staggering 24% of the UK’s homeless youth.
Combining lived experiences from some of the production’s cast and creatives, verbatim interview clips and an original score, No Sweat gives voice to those underrepresented in theatre, and reveals the real stories of a portion of society at risk, finding temporary shelter despite a dearth of safe spaces.
Transforming London’s Pleasance Theatre into a steamy sauna, this in-your-face experience immerses the audience in a carefully constructed set where they meet Tristan; made to feel like a monster whose toothbrush had to be kept a safe distance from his family’s, Charlie; a Pakistani Asylum seeker, fighting to prove his sexuality to gain citizenship, and Alf; whose Mummy loves him but God doesn’t, so he was left with only one option...to run.
In a world where stability is a second from slipping through your fingers, austerity combined with prejudice sees young people putting themselves at risk all too often. No Sweat tells the truthful, dark and difficult story of three people navigating a new frontier of the homelessness epidemic.
HOW IT WORKS
What you do
- You can donate as little or as much as you are able, even if it is just £1.
- Every £15 raised pays for a ticket to No Sweat for somebody who may otherwise not be able to attend.
- If you are able to individually donate £15 or more, as an extra thank you we will give you a shout out on our social media and list you as a Pay it Forward supporter in the show programme.
- If you'd like to buy your own ticket for No Sweat, you can do that here.
What we do
- We want the people who shared and helped to tell these stories see them reflected on stage - but know that the cost of ticket can be a barrier for many. Our aim is to provide 150 tickets.
- For every £15 raised we will contact a member of the homeless/ex-homeless community and offer a ticket on a case by case basis. All they have to do is contribute £1 to the cost of the ticket.
- If you think that you or someone else you know would benefit from a Pay it Forward ticket you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, drop us a message on Twitter @NoSweatPlay or ring 07748218322 and speak to a member of the team.