With fingers crossed, MKFF is back for 2021!
Like all arts organisations, the pandemic has had a significant impact on MKFF. We took the decision to postpone the 2020 edition and rescheduled it for this year. In the background, our small team has continued to work to rescope/refine our business plan, bring new voices into the leadership team, and re-channel our energy into making this years festival a celebratory, collaborative, and forward thinking event.
Our hope is that by the summer we will be able to bring artists and audiences together in person for the festival, but whilst uncertainty still remains, we are building in flexibility to the programme to allow us to respond accordingly and deliver the festival online.
As ever, MKFF 2021 will be a largely free programme of exhibitions, events and projects that continues our core aims of supporting artists based in, or connected, to Milton Keynes; champion environmental sustainability; and provide opportunities for young people based in the town.
Some highlights for this year's edition include:
- A new online commission.
- A co-commission with artist run space Big Shop Friday.
- A two day Music Festival championing some of the most exciting musicians/bands/DJs from, and connected to, Milton Keynes.
- Two micro-commissions for film or animation to be screened throughout the Music Festival.
- A series of talks by 'MK Alumni' from the arts and creative industries.
- A day long Art and Sustainability programme developed in partnership with local and national organisations.
- Plus much more to be announced.
In an evermore challenging landscape for the arts, we would really value your support in helping us to make this years edition happen, even small amounts are greatly received! Reaching our the overall of £2500 will also help us enormously to leverage in other sources of funding.
This project offers rewards in return for your donation.