'Masks for NHS Heroes' are raising funds to provide Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to protect healthcare workers against the Coronavirus while caring for sick patients
This is a platform for WE, The People, to Donate PPE Directly to the NHS Frontline
[ Please Help Us - to Help NHS staff - to Help You and Your Loved ones ]
General Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Requests Form: Click to download
- Update 17/04/2020: With our second delivery today, we supplied a further 16 Acute NHS Trusts (including Scotland), 4 GP CCGs (hubs serving multiple GP practices) and additionally care home, hospice and a Regional Ambulance Service!
See other updates here
We are a group of colleagues (doctors in hospitals and GP), who have set up this initiative to source PPE for those who need it most in our fight against Coronavirus (COVID-19). Our names are Dr Mona Barzin (GP), Dr Salaj Masand (Medicine, Ashford Hospital, Kent), Mr Ravi Visagan (Neurosurgery, King's College Hospital, London) & Mr Nav Kumar.
Unfortunately current hospital supplies are not sufficient and while we are reassured the government is doing everything it can, healthcare workers on the frontline are risking themselves daily without adequate protection to care for sick patients. Healthcare workers on the frontline without PPE is the equivalent of going to war without armour and protection.
(Our friend and colleague, Consultant A&E Doctor, Dr Neel Reddy on the frontline. Surgical masks and simple aprons will not protect us or patients adequately. An example of a lack of PPE fighting COVID-19 on the NHS frontline. With Permission.)
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) involves face masks, visors, surgical gowns and gloves.
- Our group has procured details of a number of internationally reputable suppliers of PPE, including those cross referenced by the UK embassy.
- We are aiming to raise money to buy PPE directly from global supply chains and donate supplies directly to the NHS Hospitals in need.
- The PPE supplies we have arranged to air-freight to UK ASAP all have required CE Certificates and EN Registrations.
All we ask is for your kind financial contribution, no matter how small, to go towards funding more PPE. To deal with this unprecedented global pandemic – the time to act is NOW to reduce harm to patients and staff on the frontline. PPE stops us spreading the virus to other patients, protecting non-COVID patients as well as NHS staff.
It's not just doctors and nurses - frontline staff include paramedics, porters, cleaning staff, healthcare assistants, catering staff providing meals for patients, physiotherapists and an army of NHS volunteers! They all need protection!
The Masks For Heroes Charitable Trust is a Registered Charity No. 1189289.
We are NOT competing with the government, we only wish to support their efforts. We ARE however competing with private companies (and sadly, even other health care professionals) who are buying and selling PPE and testing kits privately, selling them for profit and exploiting public fears around coronavirus.
The Masks for NHS Heroes - Policy Document can be found here
Dr Mona Barzin BSc MBBS MRCGP DRCOG DFSRH - Started training in obstetrics & gynaecology before retraining to become a GP. She practices as an NHS GP in London as well as working for 111.
Dr Salaj Masand MBBS MA(Hons) trained at Cambridge and King's College London. He is working in General Adult Medicine in Kent and will be taking care of many unwell COVID-19 patients in this fight over the coming months.
Mr Ravi Visagan BSc(Hons) MRCS(Eng) FHEA - Neurosurgery Registrar working at King's College Hospital, London.
Mr Naveen Anandakumar MA (Hons) - Director, P1F Limited
Acknowledgments & Partnerships:
- P1F Limited - Sponsor
- Fieldfisher - Legal Counsel
- Withers - Legal Counsel
- ZenCargo - Freight-Forwarder
- DHL - UK delivery and distribution
- Arnab Biswas (Director Near Future Labs) - Logo & Graphics