Come with us on our journey to strengthening the future of Engineering. We know this is not going to happen overnight and so we want you to be a part of our journey to making engineering more diverse and inclusive for the future leaders.
Recent national and global events have continued to elucidate the social disparities against individuals from BAME and lower socio-economic backgrounds. The proportion of United Kingdom citizens from ethnic minority communities is projected to reach between 20 and 30 percent by 2050. The UK has a long-standing history of engineering achievement, however, the UK engineering sector is currently experiencing a shortage of skilled professionals. Only 9% of UK engineers from black and minority ethnic (BME) backgrounds although an average of 30% of engineering university graduates are from BME backgrounds.
Who Are We
At AFBE-UK, we use our experience from the various engineering disciplines to provide unique insights into the engineering industry through work placements and employability workshops, focusing on students from under-represented communities.
What Do We Do
AFBE-UK works to increase the number of ethnic minorities who pursue a career and succeed within the engineering industry. We promote diversity in engineering and technology through our programmes and activities which are led by exceptional professionals and leaders in the STEM industry. These activities are designed to bring about meaningful change, sustainable growth and development and a lasting positive impact to the UK. Since we started 12 years ago, we have influenced over 4000 MEH participants.
Invest in the Future
This campaign goes beyond the funds, it is an investment. When you invest in the MEH programme, you will be:
- Empowering the future generation with tech tools through our coding workshops led by leading tech experts.
- Promoting future ready engineers through exposure to 3D printing, augmented reality and virtual reality, robotics, etc.
- Equipping students with life skills that encourage perseverance, resilience and integrity.
- Providing access to award winning engineers and STEMists as role models and mentors.
- A symbol of hope to the future generation of leaders. You will be a part of someone's success story.