Leyton Orient Football Club is pleased to launch an exciting crowdfunding campaign in our latest response to the current COVID-19 pandemic.
Fresh from the club’s Ultimate Quaranteam tournament, which saw 128 teams from across the globe take part in a FIFA 20 tournament and raise more than £66,000 for two charities and EFL clubs, the O’s are now launching a crowdfunding initiative to raise a further £100,000 to support Leyton Orient FC, our successful Academy and local NHS Trusts.
The Fans Crowdfunder allows fans to pre-purchase a number of matchday ‘rewards’ ahead of the 2020/21 season. With football currently postponed and no matchdays or other events at The Breyer Group Stadium, the financial implications for the Club have been significant and the difficult step was taken last month to place the majority of employees on furlough.
Rewards start from just £10 and any supporters who take part will be directly contributing towards the Club and Leyton Orient Academy’s ongoing activity. Not only that but we’ll also be donating 5% of funds generated to local NHS Trusts, supporting patients and staff in hospitals across East London, Essex and Hertfordshire.
We appreciate this remains an unprecedented time for everyone and there is no obligation to take part. However, if you can and would like to participate, then please read on.
Our Crowdfunder Rewards include:
- 2020/21 matchday ticket multi-packs of 4, 6 and 8 that fans can use in the early months of next season
- A special Home Shirt reward that enables a select group of fans to receive next season's replica home shirt before it goes out on general sale
- A number of options for matchday hospitality in the 1881 Suite
- We recognise these are troubling times for many local businesses and we are also offering a ‘Marketing Boost’ package where we will showcase up to 20 firms with a dedicated website feature as a tweet on the Leyton Orient Twitter page (84K followers) and a thank-you in our first matchday programme of the 2020/21 season
- Mascot and 12th O packages for next season
- Leyton Orient Football Club also continues to be immensely grateful for the heroic work that NHS staff are doing on the frontline of fighting the Coronavirus. That is why we are donating two additional complimentary matchday tickets to NHS workers for every 8-pack of matchday tickets purchased for next season.
Danny Macklin, Chief Executive, commented, “As a Club we, along with virtually every EFL Club, are suffering from the realities of COVID-19. Of course the health and wellbeing of the Orient family is the number one priority.
“The impact at this time, and potentially for many months to come, on cash flow is dramatic with the postponement of games. We are fortunate to have been blessed with phenomenal support from current and new season ticket holders who have been able to purchase for next season.
“We urge supporters, if they can, to secure one of the packages we have launched today. This vital income will play a key role in managing the Club during this challenging and difficult period. We hope we can, only when safe, return to playing games at The Breyer Group Stadium but in the meantime incentives such as these are crucial. Thanks for your incredible support.
“Most importantly, stay well and up the O’s.”