With more people staying at home, abuse and mental illnesses have increased. We need technology to connect us now, more than ever, especially to those in need.
The app features safety triggers, which can send instant alerts to a chosen colleague, friend or family member that the app’s owner is in potential danger.
The app will secretly record audio when initiated and/or during scheduled/set times. These sound recordings can be used in a court of law as evidence.
Saved recordings will be completely discreet and hidden from others. Listen will be camouflaged to look like a different app, for example a note taking app. There will be a false homepage and secret access into the recordings, as a failsafe in case the app is opened by someone else.
This will made with namely two situations in mind:
- Health workers who visit emotionally unstable or violent patients, will be able to alert their colleagues that they are in danger.
- People living in dangerous situations can alert others of danger, and use saved recording as evidence against the perpetrator. Having something tangible may also serve as motivation to leave that environment.
Why support Health Workers?
- There were over 1000 confirmed attacks on healthcare workers in 2019.
- In many countries more than half of workers are employed in the informal sector with no social protection
Why support domestic abuse?
- Up to 70% of women have experienced physical and/or sexual violence worldwide
- 73,260 sexual offences on children recorded in 2019 in England and Wales
- 1 of 6 men suffer from domestic abuse in their lifetime
With your help we can ensure people do not suffer alone. We are here and we are listening.