MIX-SIX v2. Beers
ANNOUNCING BEERS FRIDAY 20/11 at 3pm
MIX-SIX v1. Beers - * SOLD OUT
Beer 1 - BOXCAR BREWERY // Dual Position - 6.0% IPA // Cryo Loral + Amarillo
Beer 2 - VERDANT BREWING CO. + DEYA BREWING COMPANY // Degrees - 8.0% DIPA // Amarillo + Loral hops in the whirlpool and a punchy double-dry-hop of Citra + Simcoe.
Beer 3 - ELUSIVE BREWING // Oregon Trail - 5.8% West Coast Pale // lots of Simcoe, Chinook + Columbus for a classic take on the West Coast IPA style
Beer 4 - TRACK BREWING CO. // Marginal Gains - 6.0% BLUEBERRY + COCONUT SOUR // Loaded with 300kg of blueberries.
Beer 5 - BURNT MILL BREWERY // Cascadian Rhythm - 6.4% BIPA // Slightly caramelised, spicy and dark base while restrained on roast character w/ a deliciously chewy, dank, piney, floral hop bill.
Beer 6 - PIPELINE // Oregon Trail - 5.8% West Coast Pale // lots of Simcoe, Chinook + Columbus for a classic take on the West Coast IPA style
LAUTER Bottleshop + Brewspace
Who's behind LAUTER, then?
Hi. We are Lucy + Simon, two friends who've always dreamt of opening a shop together focusing on our great shared passion: beer!
For us, LAUTER has been a long time coming. We’ve both been passionate about beer long before what some call the ‘Craft Beer Revolution’. Our careers in hospitality and the beer scene span over a decade. Back in 2010 when alongside one another we were managing pubs and craft beer venues, we would often talk about opening a business of our own; something that combined our shared skills and individual strengths. With the launch of LAUTER, we hope to do just that.
A few years ago Lucy moved to Falmouth where she began running an acclaimed local craft beer bar + bottleshop. From there, she became an original employee of Verdant Brew Co., one of the most successful and popular breweries in the UK. Her time at Verdant has been an in-depth, never-ending education into what makes world-class beer.
Simon has run pubs for 15 years, and before moving to Cornwall worked at London’s largest taproom and bottleshop (Beer Merchants Tap). His role there saw him organise a range of events from beer festivals and bottleshop pop-ups, to educational courses and tasting evenings. Many of these events were shaped by his great passion: homebrewing. In 2017 he launched BREWCON London, the largest beer and brewing conference + expo in the UK, now in its fourth year. Simon is a passionate beer educator, and is proud to be one of UK’s foremost homebrewing community organisers.
Falmouth's growing status as a hot-spot for both craft and traditional beer makes it the natural place to launch LAUTER. Whilst Lucy will continue working at the brewery, Simon will focus his time on running the shop and bringing some exciting new beer events to this beautiful corner of the UK.
limited edition LAUTER print by artist Cressida Djambov
All of the beers stocked at LAUTER will be:
- extremely fresh, listed by packaging date
- cold stored
- sourced direct from the best breweries in the UK
- available with next day delivery as standard
With a sizeable range of brewing ingredients and equipment also available, LAUTER will be a one-stop-shop for all your fresh beer and brewing needs, both in store and online.
For all your brewing needs:
- LAUTER's range of collaboration all-grain homebrew kits, available in 20l and 5l batch sizes, developed with leading breweries and award-winning homebrewers
- A wide variety of malt, grain and hops from the UK's best suppliers
- All-In-one brewing systems, FVs and other homebrew essentials
Expect cold beer, fresh ingredients, tasting events + more
Our central aim in opening a bottleshop + brewspace is to create a beautiful and welcoming space for everyone from the newly-curious to the beer aficionado. We want to pay back our years of experience in the beer industry, customer service, and business management; providing the freshest beers in the UK and teaching the joys of brewing it yourself.
Whilst a significant percentage of craft beer and homebrewing sales have moved online (where we will also have a strong presence), there is still real demand for a more personable, tailored, and knowledgeable buying experience. LAUTER will fulfil both a current, local need for a quality beer offering and provide the engaged community with exciting new beer and brewing experiences.
How will we spend the money raised on Crowdfunder?
So far we have invested a fair amount of time and money into getting to this step, now we need a little help, We have found a site for the shop and hope to sign the lease within the next two weeks. Once we have the keys we will start a substantial refit of the space, developing the shop into a welcoming, cosy, warm space. Your funds will us build LAUTER into so much more than just a simple beer shop.
- We aim to stock beer from as many of the UK's leading breweries as we can, and when we open the doors we wish to have our fridges fully stocked, your MIX SIX six-pack pledges will help us do so.
- As prolific homebrewers we have been developing recipes for years. We will open LAUTER with a great selection of both our own and collaboration 20 litre + 5 litre kits. We aim to use the funds from all the 20l Recipe Kit + Brewery Start UP pledges to continue working on these collaborations.
- Over the past five years Simon has taught over 150 homebrew courses, in London, Brighton and even in Falmouth (at the sorely missed Hand Bar). The funds from the Brewschool pledges will help us build two beautiful, high efficiency yet easy to use brew stations on site. We will use these to teach homebrew courses and, down the line, make them available to hire for all aspiring master brewers out there!
What can we expect in 2021?
When we can safely do so we plan to open a tasting space within LAUTER, so you can come and enjoy super fresh beer straight from the taps. This will also give us a space to hold a plethora of beer and brewing events, from Meet The Brewers, beer and wine tastings, beer judging and other educational courses.
Well, thanks for reading this far, hopefully we've kindled your interest, and you're keen to help us get the doors open!
We can't wait to welcome you all to LAUTER.
Lucy + Simon