"Empowering Independent Language Learning via a more holistic approach "
Language Learners Journal (languagelearnersjournal.com)
Help us to deliver over 100 hours of online coaching sessions for FREE to refugees struggling to learn new languages due to emotional distress, confidence levels, environmental and social factors. We also aim to have a professionally produced language learning goal planner, designed by a startup entrepreneur. This document can be downloaded by language learners at no cost to them.
Language Learners Journal is on a mission to empower independent language learners and even teachers within the UK and beyond. Supporting them to become more motivated, focused and productive. We value a more holistic approach to learning. This includes the use of simple mindfulness techniques, promoting collaborative study sessions, developing the mindset for success and a focus on physical health and well-being. Language Learners Journal is written for language learners by language learners, with some support from professional linguistics, polyglots, and psychology graduates too.
Hi there, I’m Trisha…
A qualified and experienced wellbeing coach, motivational speaker, mindfulness instructor, professional blogger, and writer!
I sucked at learning new things when I was at school, then one day I started to make real progress. The teachers made me redo my work under close supervision thinking I was cheating! I scored even better second time around.
So how did I go from struggling learner to making real progress almost overnight?
I started to take personal responsibility for my learning via a more holistic approach that included using simple mindfulness techniques and positive thinking strategies that improved my focus and attention.
Now I want to help others become more focused, motivated and successful learners.
Today, I have an academic background in scientific research, with the focus being on psychology, not linguistics! So I am approaching language learning from a fresh perspective.
My mission is to empower people to learn new skills, especially languages.
This is why I have created Language Learners Journal! Originally starting off as a supportive blog in October 2016 with 10 followers. It quickly grew to 200+ followers. I saw it's potential and value as a social enterprise that could really benefit other people. By December 2017, there were over 5000+ followers globally and this numero is rapidly increasing across our social media platforms.
I would like to create the following for our language learning community...
- Offer 100 Free Digital Coaching Hours in 2018. For immigrants struggling to learn a new language due to environmental, social and emotional wellbeing factors.
- Language Learners Amplified Program, #LLAP. Currently running a successful pilot program, with success being measured on feedback from the 100+ people enrolled. The program runs a supportive community of language learners all with a common goal to get to the next level of fluency in their target language within 100 days. Their progress is recorded via video, audio or journal entries every 28 days and there are weekly themes to dare focus and direction. Money raised will help create professional resources that will be made available for free to our language learners. Also the creation of real awards for language learners that have been nominated for inspiring and supporting others.
- Workshops and Events - Online and in the Community. To promote the benefits of language learning and help develop motivation and mindset for learning new skills in the Portsmouth, Fareham and Gosport areas.
- Within a month of its launch in October 2017 our Mindful Learning: How to be more focused and productive course on Udemy had over 1200 students from 100 different countries enrolled and was one of the top mindfulness courses on Udemy.
- In December Language Learners Journal won an Enabler Award from Entrepreneurial Spark, an acceleration program powered by Natwest Bank.
Over the past year we have grown and now require financial support to help us to continue to manage the day-to-day running costs of our services. Through the Crowdfunding platform, we are hoping to raise £1500. This investment will go towards...
- Offering 100 free digital coaching hours to those that need it più. This alone is worth £1500.
- Cover some of the running costs of the website. £400.
- Setting up supportive workshops and webinars to explain the holistic approach to learning. £720
- Producing professional language learning resources designed by local entrepreneurs. Quoted £180.
- The creation of certificates and real awards for language learners and inspirational language tutors. Quoted £200.
Don’t miss your opportunity to support a language learning project focused on connecting communities, celebrating diversity, empowering self-development and seeing people achieve their true potential. Being able to speak another language is an asset that will promote success, cognitive functioning, develop confidence, help with integration and employment opportunities too.
Please consider making a contribution be it a donation, an offer of support or simply sharing the link to this campaign. Your kindness will enable Language Learners Journal to continue to support others for free via our Language Learners Amplified Program, #LLAP.