(Set up as a community interest company)
The idea is to initially create a fund that young people can access to apply for finance towards creativity including music lessons, instruments, technology, art materials, finance to record and produce music to give them a step up to start and try something new.
Not all young people have access to this type of privilege that others take as standard, as a youth worker I come across many young people who face barriers to creativity all the time, barriers that are usually solved with a little bit of finance and someone to believe in them.
Young people will also be paired with inspirational and experienced mentors who will help support and encourage them on their journey.
Creativity plays a massive part in tackling many of the issues that young people face including anxiety, low self esteem, no vision for the future, truanting, getting into trouble etc.
- Creativity nurtures confidence and encourages questions
- Creativity gives a voice and allows communication beyond words.
- Creativity unlocks patterns of thinking
- Creativity plays an important role in the way we develop and grow, creativity nurtures emotion, makes a marked contribution to wellbeing.
- Creativity plays an important role in helping young people become healthy, confident and able to lead fullfilled lives in society.
- Creativity helps support critical thinking; problem solving; resillience and problem solving.
- When young people can find their strength it helps improve their self esteem.
- When engaging in creativity the affects of poverty can be reduced.
- Those involved in creativity are more likely to become more civically engaged and aim for higher career goals.
- Creativity helps level the playing field for disadvantaged students.
- The UN Convention rights of the child states that young people have the right to participate in the cultural life and the arts.
- last but not least creativity is fun.