During the unprecedented current situation Home-Start Hampshire remains dedicated to continuing to offer support to families through a range of evolving and innovative ways.
Through our new Staying Connected Project, we will ensure the community stays united in the following ways:
- We will provide digital and telephone support to all our existing and newly referred families, connecting through online groups and forums and offering access to a range of online support resources
- We will provide local packs of support to families offering practical ideas for interaction and play with families
- We will facilitate the sharing of materials, resources and models that help keep us connected with families, and families connected with each other
- We will provide information, advice and guidance, signposting to partner services as necessary, for all those who need our support
- We will aid the sharing of various responses to Coronavirus from across the network and partners to ensure we are at the heart of the Hampshire community in its response to the Coronavirus outbreak so that our volunteers and staff – can, as they are able, be part of the mobilised response across the community
- We will provide and circulate resources to help our staff, volunteers and families attend to their own physical, emotional and mental health and wellbeing during what’s going to be a very difficult few months for everyone
- We will raise our voice to ensure the needs of vulnerable families are fed into local government decision-makers to ensure support is available for those who are struggling.
Please will you consider making any donation towards our project costs:
- £10 provides for an activity pack for one family
- £20 provides monthly access to technology to enable remote support for families
- £500 would provide equipment to our workforce so they can work remotely effectively and continue to provide support to families
- £1000 would provide monthly educational activity packs for 100 families
- £5000 would provide remote support for 100 families for up to 3 months
Your support will make a huge difference; without protective factors in place for families such as access to socialisation and a network of support within the local community, the risk factors rise considerably and make all families vulnerable - the time to act is now!