Support HISBE, win free food and share it with others.
From now until 16th January, we’re running a prize draw, where you make donations to HISBE to enter. Every £10 donated is a chance to win - and if you donate £30 or more, we have some lovely rewards in store for you.
We need to raise £20,000, so if the prize pot reaches £20,000, the lucky winner gets a gift card worth £5,000 to spend at HISBE in 2021 and gets to give away another £5,000 in gift cards to local charities and causes.
Should we fall short of our £20,000 target, your entry money will be returned to you. If you don't live close enough to our store to shop with us, you can always give the gift card away to someone who does.
HISBE is a rebel supermarket in Brighton - and soon to be in Worthing.
You can get all the food and groceries you need in our store, but we do things very differently to your average Tesco’s!
HISBE is a ‘social enterprise’, so we don’t just pocket the money we make. When you spend £1 with us, we spend most of it in Sussex. We give 68p to our suppliers and the rest pays our staff the Real Living Wage, covers our bills and gets rolled into prices, not profits.
Our shop is full of good stuff that you can’t get at the big supermarkets, from local and seasonal fruit and veg, and Sussex meat and dairy, to packaging-free food and cleaning liquids on tap.
Pay It Forward with Food.
Like so many small businesses, HISBE has had a bumpy 2020. We’re grateful and proud that we have managed to stay open throughout the pandemic, serve our community, keep our staff in their jobs and protect our suppliers’ livelihoods.
However, Covid scuppered our plans to launch our new store in Worthing in May. It's eaten into the money we put by and now we find ourselves opening a shop in the middle of a pandemic... (gulp).
We need a cash boost, to ensure we open in early January, hit the ground running and deliver the impact for people in Worthing that we have in Brighton. Our community could use a boost too, with so many vulnerable people out here in need of good food, now more than ever.
So, we’re doing this prize draw to raise some money and give to people in need at the same time.
Winning and Giving Gift Cards.
The winner will be selected at random on Monday 18th January 2021. If you win, we’ll ask you to nominate up to five Sussex charities/causes to receive HISBE gift cards. You can choose from our list here and you can nominate other local charities or causes that are close to your heart.
Chomp, in Brighton & Hove. A school holiday lunch club providing nutritious food and fun for families feeling the financial pressure during the school holidays.
Turning Tides, in Worthing. A provider of homeless services for single people throughout West Sussex, on a mission to end local homelessness.
The Community Kitchen, in Brighton & Hove. A cookery school with a heart; where everyone can cook, learn new skills and enjoy food together.
The Food Pioneers, in Worthing. A social enterprise building community through shared food experiences, growing food and cooking together.
Rise, in Brighton & Hove. A Sussex charity with a vision of freedom from domestic abuse, that offers practical help, advice and refuge for those whose lives are at risk.
Safe in Sussex, Worthing. A provider of help and support for people affected by domestic abuse in West Sussex and educating to prevent domestic abuse.
Scroll down for full Terms and Conditions.
Including how to enter the prize draw for free.
Terms and Conditions.
Thank you for visiting https://crowdfunder.co.uk/hisbe-prize-draw (the Website) and the HISBE: ‘Pay It Forward with Food’ prize draw, which aims to raise donations for HISBE and for charities/causes that serve local people in need (“the Campaign”).
The Campaign is brought to you by HISBE Food CIC, which is a social enterprise (Community Interest Company) registered in England and Wales with registered company number 7425306 with registered office address at Cardens Accountants, 28 Fourth Avenue, Hove BN3 2PJ. HISBE Food CIC is referred to as us or as the Promoter.
In these terms and conditions, the words and expressions set out below shall have the following meanings:-
- Fund: the money raised through the Campaign from donations, which will go to HISBE Food.
- Prize Draw: means a draw for one person to win a HISBE Food gift card for themselves and HISBE Food gift cards for charities/causes that they nominate.
- The Prize: the winner will receive a HISBE gift card to the face-value of £5000. They can spend it in the HISBE Brighton and/or Worthing store during 2021. Or, if they don't live locally, they can gift it to someone else who does. The charity(s) and cause(s) nominated by the winner will also each receive gift cards, to the collective face-value of £5000, to spend in the HISBE Brighton and/or Worthing store during 2021.
If you wish to enter the HISBE: ‘Pay It Forward with Food’ prize draw for free, please follow these instructions: On a blank sheet of paper or a postcard, write your name, address, date of birth, telephone number and email address. Make sure you write all the information clearly, as illegible entries will be deemed invalid. Please send your entry to the following address via either first- or second-class post to: HISBE: ‘Pay It Forward with Food’, 2 Brunswick Terrace, Hove BN3 1HN. You may make several entries but a maximum of one entry can be made per postcard or envelope received. Once a postal entry has been processed it will be entered into the draw. Only one Prize will be awarded. Postal entries are treated in the same way as paid entries for the purposes of determining a winner. A postal entry has an equal chance of winning as an online entry. If a postal entry wins The Prize, there will be no further purchase or payment necessary to be notified of the win or to receive The Prize. If the Terms and Conditions of Entry and/or the above steps are not followed as described, then a postal entry will be invalid. You will not be notified if your entry is invalid or if you do not win.
These terms and conditions represent the agreement between HISBE Food CIC (“Promoter”, “we”, “us”, “our”) and each participant in the Prize Draw (“you”).
- The Prize Draw is open to all UK residents excluding residents of Northern Ireland aged 18 years or over, except our employees, their families, agents or any third party directly associated with administration of the Prize Draw.
- Monies raised for the Fund will go to HISBE Food CIC.
- All entries must be submitted via https://crowdfunder.co.uk/hisbe-prize-draw or by post to HISBE: ‘Pay It Forward with Food’, 2 Brunswick Terrace, Hove BN3 1HN. The Prize Draw is free to enter by post. Donations will not be refunded in any circumstances.
- You may make several entries to the Prize Draw but only one Prize will be awarded.
- The opening date for entries is 22.00 on 20/11/20. The closing date of the Prize Draw is 22.00 15/01/21. Entries received after this time will not be entered into the Prize Draw.
- We accept no responsibility for entries which are lost, delayed corrupted, incomplete or, due to a technical fault, fail to capture entry information. The entry must be made by the person entering the Prize Draw and entries sent through third parties, agencies or by automated means (such as scripts and macros) will not be accepted.
- Winners will be chosen by random draw performed by a computer process on 18/01/21 (“Draw Date”).
- We reserve the right to suspend, cancel or modify the Prize Draw if circumstances beyond our control make this unavoidable at any time (and for any reason) without notice.
- The winner will be notified by email (using details provided at entry) up to seven days after the Draw Date and must provide a postal address to claim the Prize. If a winner does not respond to us within five days of being notified by us, then the winner’s Prize will be forfeited, and we will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
- Everyone who donates who is applicable to collect a reward must collect their reward in person from the HISBE Brighton store HISBE Worthing store. We will require proof of identity upon collection. We will not post the rewards and we will not give the rewards away to anyone else on your behalf.
- You must notify us of any changes to your contact details and we may require proof of your identity.
- The Prize is a personal, revocable licence and, at all times, remains our property. Any gift cards issued must be surrendered to us upon request.
- The Prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash or credit alternative is offered. Any resale, transfer, attempted resale or transfer will invalidate any winning entry. Where there has been any re-sale or attempted re-sale of a Prize, we reserve the right to cancel that Prize with immediate effect.
- The Promoter’s decision regarding any aspect of the Prize Draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
- We must either publish or make available information that indicates that a valid prize draw took place. It is therefore a condition of entry that the winners agree to their name and county of residence being made publicly available if they win. If you object to any or all of your surname, county and winning entry being published or made available, you should contact firstname.lastname@example.org. In such circumstances, we must still provide the information and winning entry to the Advertising Standards Authority on request.
- You are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry. We reserve the right to refuse to award the Prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
- We reserve the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the Campaign where it becomes necessary to do so.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, we, our agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of us, our agents or distributors or that of our employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- These terms and conditions and the Prize Draw will be governed by English law and are subject to the jurisdiction of the English courts
- If any provision of these terms and conditions is held invalid by any rule, law, regulation or order of any government, or by final determination of any court of competent jurisdiction such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions not held to be invalid.