ABOUT OUR CROWDFUNDER
We are a non-profit organisation with no full-time staff, and with the help of a committed team of volunteers and artists we deliver carnival on a big-scale in Bath.
However, last year we were forced to cancel all our live events. This meant we lost all event generated income including donations, bar and pitch sales, and ticket sales to our annual fundraiser events. We also lost sponsorship from local businesses, who've been severely impacted by COVID too.
This year we've continued to be affected by the pandemic for a second year; unable to deliver any outdoor community events, despite planning them for much of the year.
This Crowdfunder will help make us make it through to 2022 and bounce back from this difficult period. Funds raised will help cover the costs of:
- Monthly overheads inc. storage of assets, costumes, equipment and materials
- Important materials and equipment for school and community workshops
- Artists's time preparing and providing arts activities in the community
- Subscriptions to professional software and online services
- Utilities bills for the artists' studio
- Food and travel expenses for essential volunteer support
- Vital staffing costs, including office admin, a qualified accountant and writing professional funding applications for 2022
- Match-funding for grant applications to organise activities in 2022 to support vulnerable children and adults, those from deprived areas and local schools
- Other costs associated with running a community project e.g. DBS checks, health and safety training, PPE etc
A BIT MORE ABOUT BATH CARNIVAL
Bath Carnival has been bringing our community closer together for almost a decade. Since 2013 we have provided free and accessible arts activities to children, vulnerable adults, local families, charities and the general public throughout the year.
Every July we organise the city's largest free outdoor arts event, which includes a carnival parade around the city centre and free combined arts festival. We are proud to celebrate the diversity of people and cultures here in Bath, and from around the world. Our annual community project tackles social isolation in deprived areas, encourages community cohesion and celebrates people from all walks of life, while remaining free and accessible to all.
Highlights from our 2019 event...
CARNIVAL IN A PANDEMIC
Despite the setbacks caused by COVID-19 we have adapted, and managed to support the community with two COVID safe projects; supported by Arts Council and some reduced match-funding. This has enabled us to continue helping people connect during unprecedented periods of social isolation.
Bath Carnival has delivered online and in-person arts activities to local schools, families, charities, community groups and vulnerable adults throughout this time.
Highlights have included:
- Drumming workshops for vulnerable adults
- Online community dance classes during lockdown
- Carnival arts activities for children with behavioural problems
- 2x ten hour online events showcasing community performances
- Digital arts and crafts making sessions for young families
- Online children's fitness activities throughout lockdown
- Virtual band performances for local musicians
- Designed and produced face masks during the first lockdown
- Weekly online socials for people in isolation
Some examples of our community engagement over the years...
INTERVIEW WITH ZARA FROM RNID
INTERVIEWS WITH GENEIS TRUST
In return for your support we have a variety of rewards available. Please note, due to postage and packaging costs items can only be only be posted to UK addresses.
LIMTED EDITION 'MOTHER EARTH' PRINT
A2 Size - Pledge Amount: £30 (inc pp to UK address only) - frame not included.
A3 Size - Pledge Amount: £20 (inc pp to UK address only) - frame not included.
Thank you to our friends at Minuteman Press for printing these.
BATH CARNIVAL SUPPORTER'S T-SHIRT
Pledge Amount: £25 (inc pp to UK address only)
Sizes available in WHITE: 5x Small ּ| 15x Medium | 22x Large | 8x Extra Large
Sizes available in BLACK: 5x Small ּ| 15x Medium | 22x Large | 8x Extra Large
Examples of garments in white and black...
ORGANIC 'MOTHER EARTH' T-SHIRT
Pledge Amount: £35 (inc pp to UK address only)
Sizes available in WHITE: 5x Small | 10x Medium | 20x Large | 5x Extra Large
Sizes available in BLACK: 5x Small | 10x Medium | 20x Large | 5x Extra Large
Examples of white and black garments below...
JUNIOR SCRABBLE BOARD GAME
Pledge Amount: £20 (collect in-store)
Number available: 1
SNAKES & LADDERS AND LUDO
Pledge Amount: £20 (collect in-store)
Number available: 1
Thank you for reading this far.
Bath Carnival is proud to keep people connected and celebrate the diversity of Bath. We'd like to sign off by sharing some of the incredible schools, charities and groups which we've been proud to support since 2013.
Action on Hearing Loss ‧ Bath Pride ‧ Bathampton Primary School ‧ Bathford C of E Primary School ‧ Beats Dance ‧ Black Families Education Support Group ‧ Fosseway School ‧ Freshford Primary School ‧ Genesis Trust ‧ Hills School of Irish Dance ‧ Julian House ‧ Margaret Coates Centre ‧ MENCAP ‧ Mentoring Plus ‧ The Music Workshop ‧ Newbridge Primary School ‧ Odd Down Community Centre ‧ Oldfield Park Junior School ‧ PQA Bath ‧ Roundhill Primary School ‧ Royal National Institute for Deaf People ‧ St Andrew’s Church School ‧ St Martin's Garden Primary School ‧ St Mary's Primary School Timsbury ‧ St Nicholas CE Primary School ‧ St Stephens CE Primary School ‧ St. John's Catholic Primary School ‧ The Hut In Twerton ‧ Three Ways School ‧ Welton Primary School ‧ Westfield Primary School ‧ Wheels 4 All