Will you help me - a pensioner, change the world through snacks? My Rocky Road has no traces of animal products, or gluten and it doesn't taste like s***!
Who am I?
I'm Mummy Meagz. A no-nonsense pensioner that has been hand-crafting vegan snacks since the early 00's. It wasn't long until the people of Yorkshire started calling me 'The Vegan Wizard' - everyone thought it was impossible for a snack to be vegan, gluten and dairy free, without most allergens and still be indulgent.
Approaching 70, I have a new ambition - to fight back against this world full of inequality by sharing my snacks with the world. In June 2018, I will be launching my first grab-and-go range of snacks with three flavours of mouth-wateringly moreish Rocky Road bars, made independently for independents. So, what are you waiting for? Will you join my revolution?
(Above: Me in the 70s. Below, me now!)
Don't just take my word for it, read my reviews:
Where is the Business at?
With the budget from my pension and from selling cakes on stalls, I have:
- September 2017 - Moved into an actual office!!
- October 2017 - Persuaded Veganuary to give out my rocky road at their press launch.
- January 2018 - Started staying up until 2AM to build a website shop.
- Easter 2018 - Made Vegan, Gluten-Free Cream Eggs and sold 1000's and 1000's online!
- Easter 2018 - Featured in the papers: The Sun Newspaper, Vegan Food & Living, Wales Online!
- March 2018 - Paid an agency to rebrand Mummy Meagz based on my passions (that was a lot of pension money).
- May 2018 - Made 3 flavours of Rocky Road bars for the world and bagged nearly 10K pre-orders from distributors and independent shops up and down the UK!
Why do I need to crowd fund?
Spent all of the money we had to take my dream and Mummy Meagz this far. I want to change the world with snacks but I need investment to fulfil our pre-orders and take our next step into production. Here's what me and the family at Mummy Meagz would spend the Crowdfunding money on:
- Packaging design & production
- Buying ingredients to fulfil our first orders
- Creating POS material
- A new pair of slippers for me!
- Booking a trade show to get the word out about us