About the project
There are many skin conditions that people suffer from, which is not only visually distressing but mentally stressful. From Acne, Eczema, Psoriasis and even dry skin from the winter cold can affect anyone. Having experienced this, I decided to create my natural skincare range where the base is Shea Butter. The Shea Butter is imported from Ghana where I am originally from. Once in the UK, I mix the Shea Butter with essential oils sourced in the UK. The process of melting Shea Butter at the right temperature and adding the calculated essential oil amount, takes patience and attention to detail. Being extremely organised, having an absolutely clean environment to work in (being my kitchen and dining room) has allowed me to produce the beautiful SHIMIROSE Shea Butter skincare range.
The products and ingredients:
15g Rose & Almond Shea Butter Lip Balm
15g Peppermint Shea Butter Lip Balm
60g Lavender Shea Butter (Bath & Bedtime cream)
60g Coconut Shea Butter (His & Her Hand and Body cream)
60g Rose Shea Butter (Hand and Body cream)
60g Castor Oil, Peppermint Shea Butter (Hand and Body cream)
250g Lavender Shea Butter (Skincare)
250g Coconut Shea Butter (Skincare)
250g Coconut Shea Butter (Skincare)
250g Castor Oil, Peppermint Shea Butter (Haircare)
In 2008 I founded SHIMIROSE during my pregnancy with first daughter Mia (now 9yrs). When I had our second daughter Hollie (now 7yrs) I worked full time and also developed the SHIMIROSE brand. When I had our third daughter Ella (now 18 months) who also suffered with Eczema, I knew I had to finally bring out the product. From the initial dream, ten years later in March 2018 I created and launched SHIMIROSE Shea Butter skincare range.
What I have achieved so far:
1. Designed the initial logo and brand then worked with a designer to rebrand.
2. Designed the website www.shimirose.com
3. Created packaging for the products and printed branded paper bags
4. Acquired a CPSR (Cosmetic Product and Safety Report) and registered the skincare product which now allows me to sell my natural products in UK and EU.
5. Acquired Business Insurance cover for 1 year (Public and Product Liability Insurance)
6. Purchased environmentally friendly products (glass jars, recyclable PET containers, paper bags and fabric gift bags)
7. Applied to Farmer's Markets and have been trading at the Horniman Farmer's Market (Forest Hill) on Saturdays and Brixton Farmer's Vegan Market on Sundays.
Accuracy and precision is extremely important. As I am hand mixing each product, each jar is special and unique. I treat each jar as if it was the first product ever made.
Labelling and Packing
My little ones always help me pack before I go to the market.
Family Support at the Brixton Station Road Farmer's Market Stall
Why I'm crowdfunding?
I would like my Shea Butter skincare products to reach more people who could benefit from the great healing properties of Shea Butter. In order to propel the business to the next level, it requires more cash injection. Since launching the product in August 2018, I have been working every Saturday and Sunday at various markets. The response from the public has been so overwhelming and the positive feedback has been much appreciated.
What the money will be used for
- * Improving the packaging and adding barcode, to be store ready. I would like to contact retailers and want to be confident that my packaging is at a high standard ready to be seen on shelves near you.
* Replacing our 250g recyclable PET containers with glass jars
* Improving the website (improve SEO and Blog)
* Implementing a Newsletter
* PR and Marketing through online and paper
* Gaining brand exposure by attending/exhibiting at events and exhibitions
Rewards to you
I will offer rewards in return for your donation. My crowdfunding project is an 'All or Nothing' scheme therefore if I do not meet my target, I will not gain a penny from those who have already donated.
PLEASE NOTE - Once you've pledged, there is the option to add a 'Tip' - You may click 'other' which gives you the option to type 0 (as in zero).
Thank you in advance for believing and supporting SHIMIROSE Skincare.
If you have any questions, please contact me via www.shimirose.com
Akua Asiedua Asare