Two weeks ago we launched our #handsoffmyrights campaign to raise public awareness about the consultation on the Gender Recognition Act. The response has been incredible. With your help we could now do even more.
We are urgently seeking an additional £10,000 to generate more publicity materials so #handsoffmyrights can reach its full potential and show the government that female rights do matter.
With your support we can triple our stocks of postcards and flyers to last us through to the end of the consultation on 19th October, and produce up to two more short campaign films.
THE CAMPAIGN SO FAR
Thanks to our team of volunteers dedicating over ten thousand hours of their time and with just £20,000 crowd-sourced funding we have already delivered:
- A professionally branded high profile #handsoffmyrights campaign worth well over £100,000
- A platform for real women's voices - on our postcards and personal stories on our website.
- A coordinated street campaign with volunteers up and down the country hitting the streets in our branded campaign T-shirts and talking to the general public about what sex self-ID really means.
- The distribution of 150,000 pieces of printed literature including flyers, postcards and guide booklets
- Over 7000 new users coming to the website
- Over 500 campaign packs and 300 T-shirts ordered
- Over 800 guide booklets downloaded
We have also created THREE short films - of the quality you'd expect from a professional national appeal. Our first film will be launched next week, with others to follow in the next couple of weeks.
The campaign has generated excellent media exposure, with our spokeswoman Dr Nicola Williams being interviewed on BBC Radio 4's PM show, the Victoria Derbyshire TV show on BBC2, and on Talk Radio with Julia Hartley-Brewer. Fair Play for Women has been quoted in all the key stories, including several pieces in the Times, the Daily Mail and the Spectator.
This is the biggest threat to female rights in a century
This is your chance to make a difference.
Do it for your daughter, your mother, your partner and for yourself
The time is now.