As a not-for-profit, amateur sports club, we are suffering as a direct result of the Covid crisis. We have lost income due to cancellation of events and suffered a membership loss, as well as losing many membership recruitment opportunities. We would therefore like to use this opportunity to tell people what a great sport croquet is and encourage you to give it a try at Hamptworth.
* Women and men compete against each other
* There is a handicap system, so a beginner can play against a more experienced opponent on a more equal footing
* Croquet is great for both mental and physical health - it makes you think and it makes you walk.
* Croquet is a sociable sport - there is always laughter to be heard.
* You can play at a social or a competitive level.
* There is a lot to learn, but you can pick it up quickly and feel a real sense of achievement
* We have 5 lawns to play on
* We play Association and Golf Croquet
* We can provide you with all the equipment you need
* Qualified coaches provide free sessions to members
* We are very supportive of our members, especially those new to the sport
* We play for 12 months of the year - Shorts in Summer and Coats in Winter.
Quotes from recent new members:
"It's such a beautiful place to play"
"I never realised that there was so much thinking behind the game"
"It's like chess on grass - you have to plan several moves ahead"
Who Do We Want To Hear From?
* You! Whether you are an individual, a pair, a group of neighbours or a member of a larger group - WI, U3A, Men's Shed, Village Club etc. Please look us up, make contact and arrange a visit. We would love to hear from you. Give croquet a try!
Thank you for your time in reading this message. Any support you can give us, in any way, would be very gratefully received.