WHO WE ARE
Hackney Quest aims to give young people, families and members of the community in Hackney the practical and emotional support that they need to develop and pursue their aspirations and deal positively with life’s challenges against a backdrop of social and economic disadvantage.
WHY WE NEED SUPPORT NOW
Hackney Quest are a small charity and rely on a combination of government and local funding, grants and donations from businesses and the public. With government cuts and rising rent prices in Hackney our message is simple – we’ve been around for 30 years and want to be open for another. In the current climate of youth violence in London, places like Hackney Quest are more important than ever to promote and support positive engagement of young people and stop them getting involved.
WHAT WE DO
We help them build confidence, develop new skills, and widen their perspectives as well as uncover existing strengths and capacities. We help them find resources and help from each other through forging supportive relationships that realise the potential for positive change that lies within them as individuals, families, and as a community. These are just a few of things Hackney Quest offers:
- Positive activities 5 days a week: youth club every week day (including arts, drama, music and dancing) and healthy food and drinks
- Weekly homework club
- Full day off site activity programme all through the school holidays
- Transitions workshops. 1 day per week during summer holidays for those transitioning from primary to secondary school
- 16+ employability
- Parenting courses
- Support parents on appointments for examples with schools
- Peer volunteering
- Youth participation volunteering
- Entrepreneur group
- Young leaders
- Community events – including wellbeing events and Well Street against racism festival
- Credited courses for young people
- Free weekly three course meal for the community
HOW WE'LL SPEND YOUR MONEY
Any donation big or small will help us. Whether you are a local business or resident, or simply an individual who wants to give back and invest in the future of young people - you can help us.
A £30 donation could provide healthy food for young people for a week; £200 would provide funding for a group to attend an outdoor activity; £1600 covers the cost of a young person at Hackney Quest for an entire year, attending all our progammes and the support that is needed to provide them.
Your support make a huge difference. Please share with friends, colleagues or anyone you think may be interested in supporting the future of young people in London.