Siân Berry for Mayor of London
The inspirational co-leader of the Green Party, Siân Berry, is standing to become London's first ever Green Mayor.
Leading London on Urgent Climate Action
London, like the rest of the world hasn't faced up to the climate emergency. Now must be the time for a Green Party Mayor of London, and Siân is exactly the person to boldly change the direction of our capital - and be a leader for our country.
Siân is already a member of the London Assembly, and has held the current Mayor to account brilliantly, repeatedly grilling him and pushing him to perform better. Siân has been acting as London's 'Shadow Mayor'... and now is the time that she's promoted to the top job!
The current mayor and other candidates want to keep business as usual ticking along, but just bolt on a bit of environmentalism around the edges. Siân says that's not good enough. As the Green Mayor of London, Siân will put the climate at the heart of every decision she makes.
Leading in the General Election
Right at this moment, everybody is of course focused on the General Election. That's hugely important, and Siân is leading from the front, pushing for more Green MPs who will clearly stand for urgent climate action, a People's Vote and a much fairer Britain.
But when it's all over, attention will quickly shift to the race for London Mayor - and it's vital that Siân has the right team in place from the word go, with a campaign treasure chest that's deep enough to take on the old parties with their very deep pockets.
We need to hit £40k by Christmas to build Siân's team and fill the London Assembly with Greens
We’ve launched an urgent campaign to raise funds so we can run our most effective campaign ever. We need to hit our target of £40,000 by Christmas to recruit more staff and gear up for the Green Party's biggest ever London campaign.
Because while a lot of the media's attention will inevitably focus on the race for Mayor, there are also important elections to the London Assembly - in May we will also elect 25 people with the responsibility of holding the Mayor to account.
At the moment Siân and Caroline Russell do an incredible job, working so hard to make Londoners' lives better. But they are only two people. London desperately needs more Green voices on the London Assembly, and our great Assembly list candidates are raring to go to work for Londoners:
We've already achieved so much with your support
Here's a taste of what Caroline and Siân have achieved in the Assembly:
- Secured ballots for residents living on estates, whose homes are threatened with demolition.
- Persuaded the Mayor to back a People’s Vote on the final Brexit deal.
- Secured 45 million pounds for youth services where money had been cut.
- Got the current Mayor to declare emergency action on climate change by 2030
- Campaigned for rent controls to the point where they now appear to be a central plank of the current Mayor's 2020 manifesto.
Imagine the difference even more Greens on the London Assembly would make!
Air pollution is still causing the early deaths of 9 thousand Londoners every year and severely damaging the health of children in the city. Knife crime is rocketing, yet youth services are still facing severe cuts. Rents are unaffordable and buying a home is out of reach for too many. More Greens on the Assembly will demand real action - and bring change that's desperately needed.
Only YOU can make this happen
By donating £20, £50 or even more today you can really help make this the most professional and vibrant campaign we’ve ever delivered.
- If 1,000 people gave just £20 we'd hit our target.
- If just 400 people gave £50 pounds we'd hit our target
- If just 80 people gave £250 we'd hit our target.
We need funds to pay for campaign staff, to produce campaign materials and activist resources, it will go towards videos and social media advertising and the many expenses involved in mounting a campaign on this scale - including training, equipment, deposits, billboards, websites and so on.
With your support we can hit the ground running in January, and push to get Siân elected as the first ever Green Party Mayor of London.
P.S. Because we're a political party
- We're required to run permissibility checks on donations over £500. These will be completed as pledges are made. For the same reason, we cannot accept anonymous donations over £500.
- If you make multiple donations to us, they may be aggregated for our reporting purposes.
- Your details will appear in our election returns if valued over £500, and if you donate over £7500 your identity will appear on the Electoral Commission website.
Promoted by Nick Barnett on behalf of Siân Berry, Caroline Russell & the Green Party, all at The Biscuit Factory, Unit 215 J Block, 100 Clements Rd, London SE16 4DG.