The countdown to the London election is already on!
Siân Berry has been announced as the Green candidate for London Mayor. Under Siân’s leadership, we solidified the Green Party's position as London’s third party, we influenced the current mayor’s agenda and we changed the narrative about what a better London looks like.
But while so many other political parties rely on wealthy corporate donors and people hiding their money in tax havens, the Green Party is different. We’re a truly a grassroots, people powered political party - one that’s funded by thousands of people chipping in donations of £20, £50 and £100, that together add up to fund our work.
We’ve launched an urgent campaign to raise funds so we can run our most effective campaign ever. We need to raise £30,000 to kick-start our campaign and get it off the ground before the 8th of May, one year from the election.
In the London Assembly, our two hard-working Greens, Caroline Russell and Siân Berry, are showing the difference that Greens in the room can make. They’ve worked tirelessly, pushing the Mayor to deliver the urgent change that’s needed. Siân and Caroline have:
- Secured a ballot for estate residents whose homes are threatened with demolition.
- Persuaded the Mayor to back a People’s Vote on the final Brexit deal.
- Secured 45 million pounds for youth services where money had been cut.
- Got the current Mayor to declare emergency action on climate change by 2030
- Campaigned for rent controls to the point where they now appear to be a central plank of the current Mayor's 2020 manifesto.
Greens are making a difference already, but it’s clear that London is crying out for more Green leadership. Air pollution is still causing the early deaths of 9 thousand Londoners every year and severely damaging the health of children in the city. Knife crime is rocketing, yet youth services are still facing severe cuts. Rents are unaffordable and buying a home is out of reach for too many. It’s only been the Greens who are advocating the practical and radical solutions our city needs.
By donating £20, £50 or even more today you can really help make this the most professional and vibrant campaign we’ve ever delivered.
- If 3,000 people gave just £10 we'd hit our target.
- If just 600 people gave £50 pounds we'd hit our target
- If just 100 people gave £300 we'd hit our target.
With your support we can kick off this campaign brilliantly. Thank you.