The time has come to get a Green to the Senedd.
It's time for Amelia Womack, deputy leader of the Green Party of England and Wales to become Wales' first ever Green Member of the Senedd. With your help, a better Wales is possible.
The Senedd campaign has now begun!
Amelia Womack - Green Party Deputy Leader, campaigner for a Green New Deal, scientist and anti-austerity campaigner – has been selected as your Senedd candidate for South Wales East.
Amelia has been Deputy Leader of the Green Party of England and Wales for six years, having been chosen by members three times. As the youngest person in a leadership role in any political party in the country she has been at the forefront of a resurgence in interest in politics and the environment among young people. Now she’s standing to be Wales’s first Green MS.
In the Newport West by-election in 2019, Amelia tripled the Green's vote share and we are looking to build on this success to win more votes across Gwent.
Amelia said: “This is our chance to make history by getting the first Green MS elected to the Senedd, ensuring that we have genuine scrutiny to ensure that policies work for the people of Wales as well as our environment”.
Amelia's priorities will be:
- Fighting tirelessly to reverse austerity
- Achieving a Green New Deal for Wales - meaning good quality jobs in sustainable industries, warm homes and major improvements to public transport
- To support our public services and public service workers.
To win this we need to raise £20,000 to ensure that we can get our message to as many people in Gwent as possible.
Only YOU can make this happen
While other political parties are funded by wealthy corporate donors, the Green Party is different. We’re a grassroots people-powered party, funded by thousands of people chipping in to fund our work. Every donation will make a big difference to this campaign.
By donating £20, £50 or even more today you can really help make this the most professional and vibrant campaign we’ve ever delivered.
- If 1,000 people gave just £20 we'd hit our target.
- If just 400 people gave £50 pounds we'd hit our target.
- If just 80 people gave £250 we'd hit our target.
We need funds to pay for campaign staff, to produce campaign materials and activist resources, it will go towards videos and social media advertising and the many expenses involved in mounting a campaign on this scale - including training, equipment, deposits, billboards, websites and so on.
With your support we can hit the ground running in January, and push to get Amelia elected as the first ever Green Member of the Senedd.
P.S. Because we're a political party
- Please note all donations will go to Gwent Green Party to help our campaign to elect Amelia and more Greens to the Senedd.
- We're required to run permissibility checks on donations over £500. These will be completed as pledges are made. For the same reason, we cannot accept anonymous donations over £500.
- If you make multiple donations to us, they may be aggregated for our reporting purposes.
- Your details will appear in our election returns if valued over £500, and if you donate over £7500 your identity will appear on the Electoral Commission website.
Promoted by Lauren James on behalf of Amelia Womack and Gwent Green Party, both at The Gate, Keppoch Street, Cardiff, CF24 5TR