Brighton Fringe Ltd is the registered charity behind England’s largest arts festival.
- Brighton Fringe attracts over 500,000 audience members each May
- Hosts over 4,000 performances across 150 venues
- Features artists from across Brighton & Hove, the UK, Europe and from around the world
- Holds 200 free events and over 1000 total events with an average ticket price of just £8.70.
- Employs 15 year-round staff, 25 seasonal staff, create 100s of employment opportunities city-wide
- Awards over £25,000 in financial support to participants each year
In numbers, we’ve lost over £70,000 in headline sponsorship since 2016. Almost 40% of our total sponsorship.
In numbers, less than 3% of our income comes from public funding.
In numbers, we have 5 months left to find a new office space.
In numbers, we need £20,000 to help secure the future of Brighton Fringe for 2019.
In all honesty, we need your help.
We've created some brilliant packages, so you can not only help secure the future of England's largest arts festival but you can experience the very best of it too.
Follow the campaign on twitter | Music: https://www.bensound.com | brightonfringe.org | Brighton Fringe 2018, 4 May - 3 June | Over 4,000 performances & events | Book tickets now
Fling Fling Weekender for 4 people
Go out in style with the Final Fling package at Brighton Fringe. Head on down to the Fringe Hub for brunch and bubbly plus tickets to a show at the Spiegeltent during the last weekend of Brighton Fringe 2018.
Launch Night VIP Package for 3 people
Join us on Thursday 3 May for our 2018 opening night at The Warren! You and two pals will get the VIP treatment with drinks, group tickets to a show and the best seats in the house for opening night fireworks.
Work-do or private party at the Fringe Hub
Bring your team down to the Fringe Hub at Brighton Spiegeltent. Enjoy an evening of drinks, dinner and pop-up performance at the heart of Brighton Fringe. Perfect for staff dos, work drinks and client outings. Reward for up to 15 people.
Catered Family Picnic at Fringe City Pavilion Gardens
Join us for our most popular family day out at the Fringe City Family Picnic hosted in the beautiful Pavilion Gardens. Reward includes a reserved picnic spot with views of the gardens and Fringe City stage, a picnic basket for four, face painting and a family portrait.
Times are tough, don't we know it!
If you can't afford to fund the campaign, we would love for you to fuel it.
We're asking you to submit content to be shared throughout the campaign across our social and digital channels.
- Video and written messages of support #FundFringe
- Videos of 24 things you love about Brighton Fringe #24in24
- Images of your best nights-out at Brighton Fringe 2017 #FringeNightOut
Please kindly supply to [email protected].
Despite being England’s largest arts festival, we receive very little public funding. In fact, less than 3% of our income comes from public funding. We receive no form of regular financial aid from the Arts Council England or Brighton & Hove City Council.
We would like to take this moment to thank our principal funder, The Pebble Trust, for their ongoing love and support.
- 3.5% of our funding comes from you, our Friends members and individual donors. Thank you.
- Corporate sponsorship and advertising made up 37% of our income in 2017. The recent loss of our main corporate sponsor means this income has been almost halved for 2018, leaving a gap of over 14% in our total income this year.
- Income generated from our participant registration makes up 26% of our total income, and box office sales generates 19%.
See our 2017 Annual Review for more information.
- Our work placements, apprentices and interns.
- Our dedicated accredited event photographers.
- Our local supporters who take out brochure advertising, sponsorship packages and Fringe City pitches.
- Our Friends members. Our audience members. Our venues and our participants, who all put their faith in us year after year to deliver the magical month of May in Brighton.
- The Pebble Trust.
- All our generous bursary and award partners.
- Our media partners.
- Our print partners Aquatint and Gemini Print.
- Our digital partners DabApps and Grandad digital.
- Brighton MET College.