Due to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have launched this appeal to help support our guided walking business and minimise the strain of our seasonal income.
“Pay it Forward” vouchers will really help us to do this because they can be purchased now and used at a later date to pay towards any of our tours that we offer. They could even be used as a surprise gift for friends or family!
They will be valid for a period of up to 5 years and as an extra thank you, for each voucher purchased, we have added a further 25%. For example, £20 becomes £25, £30 becomes £37.50, £50, becomes £62.50 and so on. After you have donated, you will receive an e-voucher confirming your ‘pay it forward’ amount including the 25% added value.
Check out our trips on our Website.
Extra Special Prize Draw at the end of the appeal
As a huge thank you, we have put together some extra treats in our special prize draw. Every person who has pledged will be entered to win the following:
- £30 Gift-Voucher for Tiso Outdoors, useable online and in-store
- Bottle of Scottish Craft gin
- Bottle of Scottish Malt whisky
- Dinner for 2x on any trip we provide (Value: of £50)
- A small lightweight quality rucksack
- Original landscape artwork by Rosie
- A gift of Scottish Fine soaps
- A gift of Ullapool Social Enterprise hand-made scented candles
- A 2-night stay in our ensuite AirBnB room in the Braes of Ullapool with stunning views from the decking including a bottle of prosecco on arrival
- A 2-night stay in our Airbnb room with private bathroom in the Braes of Ullapool with stunning views from the decking including a bottle of prosecco on arrival
We started our business Mckenzie Mountaineering in 2012 and over the years worked hard to allow it to grow and flourish. The continued support of many of our clients coming back to us, again and again, has been phenomenal. Two years ago we made the decision to move from Edinburgh with our lovely black labrador Corrie, up to our beloved Highlands and quickly fell in love with our wee bungalow in the Braes of Ullapool.
The village is vibrant and friendly and the walking opportunities in the mountains and valleys around our home are some of the best of what Scotland has to offer.
At the moment we are unable to run our trips because of COVID-19, therefore sadly our business has come to a complete standstill. We are however keeping busy planning new tours and have created a new website in this unexpected free time.
We have also been walking regularly in our local countryside to keep ourselves fit and healthy. We are so looking forward to the time we are able to start guiding people again in the beautiful Highlands and Islands of Scotland and further afield.
We miss sharing the simple beauty of putting one foot in front of the other with family, friends and guests whilst breathing in the fresh air of our great outdoors and exploring the wonders of the landscape.
Thank you so much for your incredible support. It means so much to us, and we really can`t wait to get back into the hills and countryside with you and offer you an unforgettable experience.
Rosie, Ben & Corrie
You can check out some of our trips and treks on our website, we do offer tailor-made days and trips on request.