Why we need your help
Covid-19 exposed many inequalities in our city, and the sad fact is, they’re not going away any time soon.
Over the last year the Brighton & Hove Food Partnership has brought our city together to ensure that no one goes hungry at home. We launched a fundraising campaign to meet the city’s food needs, and we exceeded our original target many times over. At the height of lockdown we were working with partners to deliver parcels to over 3,000 households in the city.
We need to be here for to support local people for a long time to come.
What we will do
Please donate to help us to continue to:
- make and distribute food parcels which include toiletries and other essentials for people in crisis
- create and share healthy recipe kits for families living in poverty
- bring healthy meals to vulnerable people in our city through our network of food banks, cookery classes and neighbourhood groups
Who we are
Brighton and Hove Food Partnership were here before the Covid-19 crisis. We already knew about food poverty. We’ve been at the centre of all things food-related for over 15 years, helping over 10,000 people learn to cook, grow their own food, eat a healthier diet and waste less. Eating is central to life’s celebrations and memories, and our approach is to use this power of food to bring about change.
'Their help is the lifeline I needed during these hard times. I used to go days without food but now I eat regularly.' Food parcel recipient
We were able to help when the unexpected hit in 2020 because of your amazing support. If you can, please consider making a donation again.
How you can help
- Please share the campaign on your social media, tagging us in @btnhovefood. This is a proven way to increase donations.
- Consider setting up a regular/ monthly donation.
- If you want to keep up-to-date on the campaign and other food news in the city, then sign-up to our fortnightly email newsletter.
- If you or someone you know is need of support with food or money issues, please contact the Brighton and Hove City Council Helpline.
Thank you, from all the team at Brighton & Hove Food Partnership