Covid-19 means low income Cheltenham families are already finding life tough.
Whilst Government may cover 80% of some salaries, for many the lost 20% means real hardship. For self employed and others it can be even worse.
In response, Cheltenham charities, schools and churches are working together to feed those in need in Cheltenham due to Covid-19, under the '#FeedCheltenham' banner.
How it works
- you - the lovely general public - donate money
- we buy pre-paid supermarket vouchers
- we distribute them to charities and schools
- they pass vouchers to people and families they know are in need
- voucher recipients can buy exactly the food and supplies they need
We appreciate this is a tough time for everyone, but we can come together and support each other as a Cheltenham community, so please donate where you can.
PLEASE pass this message to anyone who might donate to #FeedCheltenham - we need your help to make people aware of this.
PS - If you are a Cheltenham charity, school, church or other community group and want to get involved, please contact the Family Space charity who are acting in the coordinating role.
PPS - Great to see other initiatives to lessen food poverty, including one from Cheltenham's Mayor