With Climate Emergencies having been declared in the country and locally, most parties are ignoring these issues in the approach to the general election.
The basis of entering the political arena is still a £500 deposit for each candidate. But for that we get the opportunity of a free delivery of our manifesto to all electors where we can lay out the enormity of the challenge that’s facing our world.
We know that it is climate change and the massive decimation of species world-wide that characterises our age. We need fundamental changes to our eating habits, our modes of transportation, to the way we structure the goals of our economy. Greta Thunberg and Extinction Rebellion have hammered home the message that these concerns are being ignored whilst the political classes are exclusively obsessed with international trade.
We have four excellent candidates who have each in their way been campaigning on these issues: you can read more about them on our website.
- Emily Tomalin who has been helping Maidenhead residents with clean energy
- Derek Florey who has been campaigning in Bracknell on climate-related issues
- Fintan McKeown in Windsor, well known as an actor and for his community work
- Julian Edmonds in Slough, who helps businesses save energy
We need you to pledge whatever you can afford:
- £5 could buy 50 Green posters to go up in people’s windows
- £50 could buy 1000 leaflets to give to residents whilst door-knocking
- £100 could pay for 3,000 letters telling voters about Green opportunities in East Berkshire
- £500 could pay the whole deposit of one of the candidates.
Whatever you can donate, big or small, it will be very much appreciated. We'd love you to help us further by spreading this crowdfunder far and wide.
The Green Party doesn’t have the big business backing of some other parties. Campaigns are powered by our members and supporters.
Please be aware that for donations of more than £50, we need to know full details of the donor and individuals need to be on the UK electoral register.