Le QuecumBar has joined in the efforts and national initiative launched by Music Venue Trust #saveourvenues to help prevent the closure of hundreds of independent music venues and the direct impact of 4 months by lockdown - venues that may be lost forever.
Lockdown is now until July, many venues will not survive this long, with no help and unrelenting rents and accumulating outgoings.
- It’s in everyone’s interest to help and support live music venues, almost everyone knows a musician either in their family or amongst friends or work colleagues..
- Le QuecumBar home of Gypsy Swing is a unique independent live music venue, run solely by me, Sylvia, a sole trader, not a Ltd company that can close in debt and open as a fresh company.
- Le QuecumBar has hosted over 17,500 musicians and over 200,000 customers in 17 years of great live music, mood, wine and food.
My venue faces threat of closure because of cash bleed out because …. my landlord like so many others, refuses to waiver any rent, whilst I am in government lockdown.
To date the government has put no pressure on landlords to force them to offer any temporary rent free period.
- In addition we do not know if we will be forced into restrictive trading, with no idea of increased costs, just to reopen or how that opening will look.
This means like many other sole traders there is zero income/revenue whilst daily accumulating mounting overheads and weekly existing outgoings have to be paid, financial liabilities that will quickly drain and suffocate many such independently run venues, even before they can reopen.
- Some have already gone ..
I am fully aware so many are suffering, including musicians world-wide.
All musicians can help by going to www.saveourvenues.co.uk artists page
They can choose a venue in crisis they wish to support and fundraise through their live streaming - all scheduled live streams submitted on save our venues website is given PR help to promote the artist and their live stream or event.
- I ask for a kind, contribution and sharing of efforts, by fans, customers, contributors and musicians. Please pass the word during this unprecedented severe period of lockdown, that will help meet accumulating overheads and daily expenses whilst also supporting musicians, by securing their platforms and venues to play in, in the future.
As a unique music venue, we have had many great firsts here and have hosted many musicians from across the globe and UK - Gypsy and non Gypsies who have graced our stage with live acoustic magic. Le Q is dedicated to Django Reinhardt's Gypsy Swing acoustic guitar style, as no other venue is.
- Our Patron Hank Marvin, is a great fan of Gypsy Swing and has recorded his own Gypsy Jazz tunes and has joined our famous Tuesday, Gypsy Swing jam session, when he is in the country. Hank Marvins Gypsy Jazz website
Here is Hank with his Gypsy Jazz guitar and some video for you all
Our cover photo here is the front cover of our triple CD celebrating Djangos 100th Birthday. In 2010 Le QuecumBar produced, hosted and recorded the first London Int. Gypsy Swing Festival over 9 days, 36 Gypsy and non Gypsy musicians joined together some for the first time on stage together, from across 5 countries, to perform and celebrate the 100th Birthday of the guitar genius Django Reinhardt.
If Le Q hits this low target, we believe we can survive the lockdown. As part of the #saveourvenues campaign we have agreed that any contributions achieved above our target, will be donated to the Music Venue Trust save our venues crisis fund, to help protect other venues also in great peril, just like Le QuecumBar, across the country.
- This is a time of need for so many and we hope you can help keep live music alive and available and accessible for all, life without live music will be a sadder place.
Enjoy the live music video clip, courtesy of Patron Aurelien Bouly, perhaps treat it like a jukebox offering and make a contribution for the joy and pleasure of such usually free music and only possible due to such great musicians and their joy of sharing their music. Please share the video clip and remind everyone of how great and inspirational live music is ....Thank you from Sylvia at Le Q