Hi! I'm Lissie, I am an artist and designer. My work involves creating fine-art for weddings and events. During the COVID19 crisis I found myself out of my usual work. I signed up to be an emergency response care worker in Nottingham to do my bit during the tough times. I was inspired to paint my colleagues and all other workers as a tribute to their hard work and dedication. I want to try and paint as many portraits as possible to create a large scale mural and raise some money for charities.
I am creating a mural of key workers! The idea behind this project is to celebrate key workers in all areas: Nurses, Care Workers, Doctors, Delivery Drivers, Pharmacists, Refuge Workers, Teachers, Transport Drivers etc.
The tiles will be put together to create a large scale art piece, currently 1x 1m but can get bigger! I would like to display the final painting somewhere in the community (please get in touch if you know a good place or are a local organisation)
Can you help me grow this project and take part?
1. Key workers are welcome to submit a photo to be part of the mural. Each person will take a 20 x 20 cm tile. To make sure I am able to use your photo please:
- Take the photo head-on (image you are taking a passport photo) in your uniform and/or PPE.
- Include your name and profession in your message, so I can write it on the back of your tile.
- By sending me a photo you agree to be part of a public art piece. I will own to rights to the artwork.
2. I have been using my own materials and funds to create the art work. Each tile takes £4 in materials to produce. I am asking those that are able to sponsor a painting for £4. I have 6 tiles to paint currently but would like to do more if I can raise the funds! If you'd like to contribute to the project I have set up a Crowd Fund page, and funds not used on art materials for the project will be donated to COVID19 support charities.
This project is not for profit and funds are split between the charities and art supplies. Any funds not spent on art supplies will go towards the charities.
3. Once completed I will be able to sell prints! A 50% donation to COVID19 support charity. You can purchase these as 'rewards' on my crowdfunding page!
Charities I have chosen are: Age UK (to support the elderly hit by the crisis), NHS Charities (For our NHS Workers)
Send photos and ideas to email@example.com or DM me on social media! Instagram:@lissie_art Facebook: @Lissie Art