Courage Calls To Courage Everywhere!
Who are we?
Transgender Trend is the leading UK organisation calling for an evidence-based approach towards children and young people with gender dysphoria.
We are the only alternative to powerful highly-funded lobby groups such as Stonewall and Mermaids who have been dictating and influencing policy in education and health for children and adolescents for years. Our hard work is paying off: we are now being listened to at the highest levels and we need your continued support to enable us to continue in our vital work.
Transgender Trend is the only UK organisation producing evidence-based, Equality Act compliant schools guidance and resources.
Our internationally-acclaimed schools pack has been downloaded over 15,000 times and we have sent hard copies to over 1,500 schools & youth groups.
#CourageCalls Here are just some of our achievements over the last year:
- We published and launched My Body is Me, a body-positive picture book for children by awarding-winning author Rachel Rooney and illustrator Jessica Ahlberg with accompanying lesson plans and activity sheets.
- We published an easy downloadable guide to Equality law and statutory schools guidance.
- We published Stonewall schools guidance: a critical review, an analysis of all Stonewall schools guides since 2015.
- We consulted with parliamentarians and submitted and presented parliamentary briefings on various relevant issues in health and education.
- We met and consulted with many organisations including Ipso, Sport England and the Nuffield Council of Bioethics.
- We spoke at many meetings and delivered presentations at events and in schools across the UK.
- We provided consultancy, comments and interviews throughout the media, including BBC Radio 4 Today programme, Sky News and BBC News.
- We acted in our role as stakeholders in the Equality & Human Rights Commission national schools guidance working group and the NHS Gender Identity Services for children and adolescents service specification review.
Our website is consulted regularly by UK government departments, NGOs, universities, the media and many international organisations and governments.
We were the first to publish groundbreaking research on the experimental use of puberty blockers in NHS gender clinics.
Our regular blogs have exposed organisations such as the Proud Trust, Stonewall and Diversity Role Models who teach ‘gender identity’ ideas in schools.
Coming Soon! Our next important resource
Save the date! We are launching our Relationships and Sex Education guide for schools on RSE Day, 25th June.
#CourageCalls What do we need?
We ask for your continued financial support for these upcoming projects in 2020 – 2021:
- Create a publishing arm which will reflect our main concerns: good education based on biological and legal facts and the best treatment of gender non-conforming children.
- Produce a primary schools guide to challenge gender stereotypes and encourage body-acceptance.
- Produce training videos and online teacher training packages.
- Produce resources for teenage girls to help them navigate issues of sex, gender, sexuality and identity.
- Produce resources for teenage girls with Autistic Spectrum Disorder. There is now greater awareness of the link between ASD and referrals to gender identity clinics. We are working alongside artists and ASD specialists.
To do this we need to fund:
- Salary costs for full time coordination of Transgender Trend and part time research, administration, accountancy, marketing and campaign posts.
- Resource production and distribution costs for our School Resources including resources currently in production.
- Website costs and maintenance.
- Legal defence costs against libel.
- Travel and conference fees.
#CourageCalls We are constantly vilified, defamed and denounced by lobby groups who receive hundreds of thousands of pounds in funding.
We receive no funding for our work except for donations from individual supporters and our crowdfunding campaigns.
All financial contributions, big and small, enable us to make a real difference to children, young people and the communities that support them.
Thank you to all our generous supporters. Without you none of this work would have been achieved.
We have no political or religious affiliation. Just a commitment to evidence-based care.
Thank you for your support,
The Transgender Trend team