To celebrate the 1st birthday of Cook to Care, we have launched a fundraising campaign which will be supported by an incredible raffle and a (live-stream) DJ set! On Saturday 3rd April, join us here with TJ BARRIE and DISGUIZE as we bring together the power of food and music to change lives in the community we are a part of.
Since its foundation in 2020 as a response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Cook to Care has evolved from its humble beginnings in Jojo’s kitchen cooking for vulnerable neighbours to a service currently operating from a community kitchen space which has served 50,000 nutritious meals to date.
Cook to Care
With the help of a dedicated team of 100 volunteers, Cook to Care prepares 1000 meals weekly and has delivered to over 500 households across South London who do not have the resources to feed themselves (and their families). Cook to Care is motivated by a belief in the power of food to change lives and a love of the community that we are a part of.
Cook to Care has supported local young people by providing skills and development opportunities, and a path away from violence and crime. In a time of disharmony Cook to Care is uniting communities with food-centred initiatives that nourish and empower and we require ongoing funding to continue this.
We are asking for your support to ensure that as we emerge from this crisis, we can continue to aid the 2.5 million Londoners living below the poverty line and push to combat inequality our communities. Donations to this Crowdfunder will also be rewarded with entires into a raffle to win some of these exciting prizes which have been kindly donated to help with our fundraising efforts:
- Teeth whitening by dentist Dr Edward Lynch, to be used on any weekend at East Dulwich clinic
- Men's black folio by Paul Smith
- Digital Voucher for a date night meal for two by Served London
- Pair of Brewery Tour tickets for The Five Points Brewing Company
- Classic tote bag in olive by Christopher Raeburn
- Naked Hare Voucher
- Bottle of CleanGin and box of 12 CleanRum & Cola Cans from CleanCo
- Bottle of CleanRum and box of 12 CleanGin & Tonic Cans from CleanCo
- Bottle of CleanRubharb from CleanCo
- ANOTHER Teeth whitening by dentist Dr Edward Lynch, to be used on any weekend at East Dulwich clinic
- Celebration cupcakes to be used for any occasion
- Goodies from Jelley's Vodka
- Climpsons and Sons Espresso and Blends Sampler Pack and branded mug
- Two boxes of flowers from Freddie's Flowers
- 3 selection boxes of crunchy popped cheese from Cheesies
- One hour mentoring session with Arch 468 for either Directing, Event Planning, Producing or Public Speaking
- Box of beers and tote bag from Brixton Brewery
- Voucher for Pop Brixton to be used at any vendor
- Kiss Print by Becky Baier (unframed)
- Goodies from Cornercopia Store
- Private yoga class by Bluehous Yoga with Daniela
- Smashed Avo Toast & Coffee for two from Batch & Co
- Boxing PT session with Carney's Coaches at Carney’s Community
- A weeks worth of Persian plant-based meals by Sureh for Cook to Care
- A hamper of quality pantry goods: vegetable pastes, stew pastes, herb mixes
- Cook to Care signature apron
Please note that many of these prizes are London based so can only be redeemed in London. If you decide to donate and you win a raffle prize but live overseas, you can refer your prize to someone you know in London. If it is possible to post a prize e.g. bottles of beer, beauty products etc. then we can arrange delivery across the UK.