BOOK A SEAT ON OUR MAIDEN FLIGHT
Conviction Records is Scotland’s first record label for ex-offenders. We aim to use music to give people, who have often come from very disadvantaged and chaotic backgrounds, a voice.
We would like to sign our first artist, Ryan, and need your support to enable him to complete his first EP. To date we have raised £600 via our other fundraising efforts. To record a song in a professional studio with a producer costs around £500. There are also other costs such as mastering and distribution.
Listen to Ryan speak about his story during a recent rehearsal session at Berkeley 2 Studios.
Giving our musicians the opportunity to record professionally is an important step when it comes to being taken seriously in the music industry. It's also a huge personal step when people see that others are willing to invest in them and believe in what they are doing.
You can join our journey and purchase a seat on our inaugural flight.
In Scotland those in prison refer to their cellmate as a co-pilot, hence our appeal for passengers (platinum, gold and silver seats available).
We'd really appreciate backing to help us use music to restore dignity and reconnect people with purpose and society.
Our label is a social enterprise, established to develop, and give a platform to, talented musicians, most of whom would never get the opportunity to be heard.
The Conviction Records team:
Please join us on our journey.....
There are several ways you can help us take off:
Select a seat in the 'Rewards' section
~ different seats get different add-on rewards, such as gig tickets or track previews
~ the tickets are frameable, limited edition art prints, designed by Dunfermline artist Alan Grieve, in the style of a boarding pass (prints will be posted out)
Make a donation
~ if you'd rather donate an amount of your own choosing, simply hit the 'Donate' button at the top
Share our page to your socials
~ even if you don't have money, we would be thankful if you could help us spread the word
Reward / Seat options available:
- Standby Ticket (£3 or more): Bi-monthly in-flight magazine - supporters will receive our newsletters which will be emailed to you in the style of an in-flight magazine.
- Silver Seat (£25 or more): Limited edition print of a Silver boarding pass for first flight plus the bi-monthly in-flight magazine
- Gold Seat (£50 or more): Limited edition print of a Gold boarding pass for first flight plus preview of tracks plus bi-monthly in-flight magazine
- Platinum Seat (£100 or more): Limited edition print of a Platinum boarding pass for first flight plus exclusive invite to any gigs/events plus preview of tracks plus bi-monthly in-flight magazine
- Seat in the Cockpit (£5,000 or more):
- Prestigious Honorary Co-Pilot title
- Framed, limited edition print of a Platinum boarding pass for first flight
- Online call with founder, Jill, and A&R Co-Pilot, Eric, about the origins of the label, their own expertise in this context and the label's plans for the future
- Exclusive invite to any gigs/events
- Preview of tracks
- Bi-monthly in-flight magazine
We really hope you will join us on our maiden flight and, in anticipation of any help you can give us, we would like to say a huge thank you!
From all in the Conviction Records team.