Please help us to raise funds to lessen the financial impact on the club due to the Covid-19 pandemic. Since March our members have been unable to train and the club has had to cease all operations since then and it may take some time to get back to the training level we were before Covid-19. Our funds have been placed under considerable strain because (a) we decided to suspend training fees as soon as it started and (b) we had to cancel our two annual Open Meets this year which are our two main fundraising events. Whilst the committee has always maintained secure financial planning, the severity and length of the pandemic means that we must look at ways in which we keep the club intact and facilitate a safe return to the pools once allowed to do so.
We value our members, volunteers and staff. Since lockdown we have supported the Head Coaches salary during furlough and making some contribution to the Swim Teachers who have lost their income. In the meantime many staff have been taking courses and updating their skills so that once we get the go-ahead, we are ready to go.
We have tried to keep the club alive and involved with regular updates to our family of swimmers, offering live zoom land training sessions and various competitions with prizes. There has been a fantastic “Bake Off” competition (see image of winning cake below), quiz nights, cold water challenge, interclub skipping competition, guess the number and amount of coins in the jar, painting competition and so on.
The next planning stage is how we recommence training safely adhering to regulations of government, Swim England and our individual pools. What we do know is that it will be different and there will be additional pool costs on our return to accommodate social distancing measures. In going forward, our aim is to ensure that this club continues to give our swimmers every opportunity to develop their skills and maximise their potential. We are a resilient club – we rose from the ashes when a fire destroyed our home pool. We want to rise and operate again after Covid. A donation from you will greatly help towards this.
Boost your money
The good news is that we are hoping to get the support of Sport England. They have teamed up with Crowdfunder and launched a fund to help clubs - they will hopefully contribute up to 50% of our target. We have set a target of raising £3,000 by the end of August which if successful could then be boosted by Sport England to a final total of £4500!
Lets make Braunstone rise again
Everyone who donates £10+ will be entered into a Club Raffle. Prizes will include: £25 Amazon Voucher; Bottles of wine; £10 M&S Voucher: Chocolates; Food Hamper; and many more.
Everyone who donates £20+ will be entered into a Prize Draw where prizes are for Club members only. Prizes are:
- 1:1 technique session with Asst. Head Coach Jo Ashmore in her private pool
- Bespoke t-shirt with name printed
- 1 month of free squad fees for one swimmer upon return to full training (for squad members only)
- 1 block of swimming lessons for 1 swimmer in Learn to Swim School (for Swim School members only).
- Annual club membership when due paid for 1 year.
Terms and conditions
- The prize draws will take place and be drawn at random by Trevor Hincks, Club Chairman, at the end of August.
- Details of the raffle for pledges of £10+, including prizes will be circulated later.
- Prizes for pledges of £20+ are for Club Members only. Non club members who win a prize can select club member to receive the prize or allow the club to randomly select someone.
- There are no cash equivalents for any of the prizes.
Thank you in advance for your support