Who are we?
We are best friends who were diagnosed with the same brain tumour in a one-million-to-one coincidence. Our journeys have been extremely long, and tough to endure, just as it is for many people with a brain tumour. If you’d like to know more, you can watch a video of our story by clicking the link below.
What are we doing?
We’re running our ‘Brain Tumour Twins’ fundraising campaign in aid of Brainstrust to raise money that they can use to provide support and information for people diagnosed with meningioma brain tumours. This includes running a Prize Draw during Brain Tumour Awareness Month in March 2021.
Why are we doing this?
30,000 people are diagnosed with a brain tumour every year. We’re just two of them and there have been times when we’ve struggled to find the information and/or support we needed to cope with our diagnosis, symptoms and treatment. We hope that by fundraising in aid of Brainstrust, the charity can provide more of those 30,000 people a year with the vital support they need during their brain tumour journeys.
What's the goal?
Our aim is to raise £30,000 (if not more) in aid of Brainstrust and raise awareness of meningiomas - the kind of brain tumour we were both diagnosed with.
Help us raise money in aid of Brainstrust to support people diagnosed with meningioma brain tumours. The money raised will go towards creating a new Brainstrust website and providing a package of support for those living with a brain tumour. Thank you so much for supporting us. We appreciate every penny!
The Prize Draw
Some very generous individuals, celebrities and small business owners have donated to this Brain Tumour Twins Prize Draw fundraising campaign. We’ve been lucky to have such great support.
You can enter the draw for a £5 donation per entry right here on our Crowdfunder page from Monday 1 to Tuesday 30 March 2021 You can enter as many times as you like.
What are the Prizes?
In aid of Brainstrust Brain Tumour Twins are offering an AMAZING collection of prizes in the following categories
- THE SPORT BUNDLE: including a signed England Cricket bat, a signed England Rugby shirt, a signed Chelsea Football and a fitness session with a Team GB Olympian. Buy 5 entries here.
- FOR HOME LOVERS: homeware items including functional and decor items
- FOR WELLBEING LOVERS: including pampering experiences, gift packs and online experiences
- FOR FOOD LOVERS: including bespoke food experience sessions and luxury food items
- FOR ADVENTURE LOVERS: including travel breaks and adventure activities
- FOR FASHION LOVERS: including fashion items and jewellery
- PLUS HAMPERS of locally sourced products from independent retailers
How do I enter the Prize Draw?
- Take a look at the prizes on offer on our website (www.braintumourtwins.com). New prizes will be added there every day and also on our Instagram with a reminder of all the prizes announced so far.
- Then head back here and click the £5 entry or £20 entry button that matches the category of your prize. So if you want to win a signed rugby shirt for example you can click the '£5 = 1 entry - SPORT' button to enter into the Sport category.
- If you select multiple entries you stand a higher chance of winning.
All entries must be valid according to the instructions given. To make a valid entry into the Prize Draw you must select at least one of the entry options (£5+) on this Crowdfunder page and fully complete the process of making a donation.
Alternative ways to enter. Alternatively you can also enter the Prize Draw without donating by post. See terms and conditions below for details. The process for allocating prizes for the Prize Draw does not distinguish between either route of entry.
Donate without entering the Prize Draw: You can also make a donation without entering the Prize Draw by using the donation box at the top of this page.
Entry limitations: The prize draw is open to residents in Great Britain only. By donating and/or entering the Prize Draw you agree to the Prize Draw Terms and Conditions.
Where is the money going?
The money will go towards supporting people diagnosed with brain tumours. That support includes the creation of a new Brainstrust website where there will be more information for meningioma sufferers and a package of support including support line calls and Brain Boxes full of information to be sent to the newly diagnosed.
Terms and Conditions
- 1. The prize draw (the "Prize Draw") is open to people aged 18 and over who provide their email address after completing their entry to the Prize Draw.
- 2. Employees or agencies of Brainstrust, the organisers or their family members, or anyone else connected with the Prize Draw may not enter the Prize Draw.
- 3. Entrants into the Prize Draw shall be deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions and are eligible to claim any prize they may win.
- 4. To enter the Prize Draw you must complete a donation to the Brain Tumour Twins Crowdfunder fundraising campaign and submit your name and email address. No purchase is necessary. If you have any questions about how to enter or in connection with the Prize Draw, please email us at [email protected] with Prize Draw in the subject line.
- 5. Multiple entries may be made per person. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed.
- 6. The organisers accept no responsibility is taken for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason. Proof of delivery of the entry will not be considered as proof of receipt.
- 7. The opening date of the Prize Draw is Monday 14:00 PM on Monday 1 March 2021.
- 8. The closing date of the Prize Draw is 11:59 PM on Tuesday 30 March 2021. Entries received outside this time period will not be considered.
- 9. One winner per prize will be chosen from a random draw of entries received in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. The draw for all prizes will take place on 31 March 2021.
- 10. The winners will each receive one prize selected at random from the Prize Draw category they entered into.
- 11. The winners will be notified by email within a month after the prize draw is held. If a winner does not respond to the organisers within 14 days of being notified by the organisers, then the winner's prize will be forfeited and the organisers shall be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above (and that winner will have to respond to notification of their win within 14 days or else they will also forfeit their prize). If a winner rejects their prize or the entry is invalid or in breach of these Terms and Conditions, the winner's prize will be forfeited and the organisers shall be entitled to select another winner.
- 12. The prizes will be sent to the winner by the organisers or direct from the prize donors by post/email within 30 days of the Prize Draw closing date.
- 13. The name and country of the winner can be obtained after 01 April 2021 by sending a stamped addressed envelope to the following address: 4, Yvery Court, 36 Castle Rd, Cowes PO31 7QG.
- 14. All prizes are non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and are not redeemable for cash or other prizes.
- 15. The organisers retain the right to substitute any of the prizes with another prize of similar value in the event the original prize offered is not available.
- 17. The organisers accept no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Prize Draw or accepting the prize. The organisers further disclaim liability for any injury or damage to your or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Prize Draw.
- 18. The organisers will not be liable for any failure to comply with their obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
- 19. The organiser reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Prize Draw with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control.
- 20. The decision of The organisers in all matters under their control is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- 21. The Prize Draw will be governed by English law and entrants to the Prize Draw submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- 22. The Prize draw is run by Janice Johnson and Eleanor in aid of Brainstrust 4, Yvery Court, 36 Castle Rd, Cowes PO31 7QG
- 23. Entry is limited to residents of Great Britain only.
- 24. The Prize Draw will be governed by English law and entrants to the Prize Draw submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.