Our Aims & Objectives
BCPD Trust a Luton based registered charity inspires young people into Education, Careers, Business and Sports. You can find out more about our organisation by visiting our website bcpdt.org.uk.
Our overall aims and objectives are to act as a resource for young people up to the age of 25 living in Luton and the surrounding areas by providing advice and assistance and organising programmes of physical, educational and other activities as means of;
- advancing in life and helping young people by developing their skills, capabilities and enable them to participate in society as independent, mature and responsible individuals;
- advancing education;
- relieving unemployment;
- providing recreational and leisure activities in the interests of social welfare
Our Achievements to date
- Since the Trust was established in 2011, the Trust has delivered many skills training to young people in Luton focusing on below activities;
- Interview Techniques, CV Writing & Job Searching
- Computer & E-commerce Skills Training
- In 2014 the Trust set up a sport and social club to work with youngsters in Luton and is supporting many young children in Luton.
- The Trust organised Young Entrepreneurs competition attracting many applicants and the short-listed candidates presented in front of our panel of judges which helped them to build their self confidence and self-esteem.
- In 2014 the Trust ran a pilot project opening an innovation centre in Luton supporting young business start-ups. The pilot project ran for a year and demonstrated the model could be sustainable if a 2 to 3-year development project was established.
- The Trust organised Community Dinner Party for over 160 guests including British Ambassador to Peru, Vice Dean from the University of Bedfordshire, Luton Mayor, Entrepreneurs, Businesses and Community giving everyone the opportunity to socialise and network.
- In 2016 we started our Voice of Luton survey which received tremendous support from the local community and the published report identified issues that mattered to the community.
- Young people regularly contact BCPD Trust to connect with a local community professional from their chosen career to seek guidance on education, career and business. We have also helped many young people to gain works experience from local business.
- In 2016-2017 the Trust provided 2 hours’ affordable smart tuition each week to KS2, KS3 and GCSE classes in English and Maths for around 20 children. See our youtube video
- We organise regular events such as outdoor camping, leisure park trips and other cultural and social activities.
- In 2018 we launched our new mobile app which was developed by our volunteers and is helping young people to find out about education courses, career types, setting up and managing own business and finding out about local sports activities. Download App
BCPD Trust is managed by experienced professionals such as Engineers, Lawyers and Business person who want to help the next generation from their community succeed in life and is supported by around twenty plus local community volunteers and professionals.
We currently have nine volunteer’s part of the Executive Committee managing the Trust and they are;
- Chairman & Trustee – Sundar Ali, Senior Design Manager, BEng (Hons), CEng, MIET
- Vice Chairman – Syedul Islam Khan, Community Leader
- Vice Chairman – Azad Ali, Businessman
- Secretary & Trustee – Shahin Uddin, Solicitor
- Treasurer & Trustee – Ifthekher Alom, Businessman
- Education & Skills Secretary – Salma Begum, Accounts Advisor
- Community Secretary – Saddak Ali, Businessman
- Young Entrepreneur Secretary – Afzal Ali, Finance Advisor
- Sports & Social Secretary – Ujjal Ali, Transport Services
Our governance structure has been created to ensure equitable and effective decisions are made for the benefit of the trusts and delivery of projects.
Your funding Support
The funding raised would establish an annual community awards for schools, setup a football team for children and support our others causes.
Voice of Luton Awards
We would like your help to establish an annual community awards that recognises the achievements of secondary schools in Luton based on school’s performance, Ofsted ratings, student feedback, parent and community feedback.
Our volunteers have developed tools to rank all secondary schools in Luton by combining results from multiple sources such as government published school’s performance data, Ofsted ratings and student feedback ratings through an independent third-party website.
This first round results have now been completed and the Top 10 short listed secondary schools in Luton this year are listed in alphabetical order below.
The community survey would be conducted over 2 to 3 months period and would ask the Luton community to vote on multiple schools they think should win the award. The survey would go live in Q1 2019 and we would like all the community and schools to encourage students, parents and teachers to take part and vote for their best schools.
The combined results from the first round and the community survey would be used to do a final ranking of the 2019 Top 10 secondary schools in Luton.
The winning school would receive the Voice of Luton 2019 Best School Award and the Top 5 students with the highest GCSE results from that school would each receive an award.
Our plan is to bring students, parents, communities, schools, local authorities, local organisations and volunteers together at an awards ceremony gala dinner party in October 2019 to recognise achievements, discuss solutions and strengthen communities. The awards would be publicised along with all sponsors through social media, press and TV.
BCPD Trust Football Team
Our sports club regularly organises camping, bowling and other social activities. We require your help to setup a Football team in Luton for young children under the age of 16. Your funding would mainly pay for team kits and regular pitch bookings. We have dedicated volunteers who can provide coaching and support to youngsters. The trust plans to organise weekly training and compete in matches across the county.
BCPD Trust Mobile App
Our Mobile App is already helping young people to find out about education courses, career types, setting up and managing own business and finding out about local sports activities. Your funding would help us to develop this app further and reach more people. Download App
Our community News Blog, Facebook and Twitter pages provides information about community events, sports activities, education, training and local business. Our group of volunteers manage these social media and news pages to help improve their community.
News Blog http://www.bcpdt.org.uk/news/
Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/bcpdt
Twitter Page https://twitter.com/bcpdt
Please support our cause in whatever way you can. You can simply donate or select one of the rewards with your donation. You can also promote this crowd funding campaign to your friends and family.