In the past 12 months your Club has been hit with some big knocks, but we keep coming back and are now getting ready to finally welcome you back in the summer.
But to do that, we've got some work to do and pay for:
- League fines (unbelievably, but we are appealing!)
- Ground structural safety works
- Electrical upgrades
- Substantial pitch drainage work
We need a total of £25,000 to pay for these EXTRA COSTS against the backdrop of drastically reduced revenue. On top of that we need to try to prepare ourselves for next season at a time when we've lost most of our rental, all bar and ticket revenue and had hits on commercial income too.
Last year we raised £53,000 to compete in the play-offs and the excess funds have helped us to get this far through the season as grants started running out. Plus, over 160 people bought season tickets, 47 companies entered the shirt sponsor draw and many more people contributed to the Player Pledge.
To date we've managed to get this far without dipping into the season ticket money – and as purchasers haven't been able to attend matches we haven't treated it as the Club's money.
But we estimate we need a minimum of £25,000 just to get ready for the new season and be sure of being allowed to have supporters back in the stadium. We are applying for some grants to help with these costs and are optimistic we'll be successful with some, but can't guarantee they'll be awarded – and in the meantime the work has to be done.
Any extra money we raise will be ring-fenced to support Jerry's playing budget for 2021/22.
How can you help?
- Everyone can make a donation to the Club to help us hit our Bounce Back Appeal target. Choose from the donation levels on this page to receive rewards and recognition and make your donation.
- If you're a season ticket holder you can consider gifting the Club some or all of the money you paid for your 2020/21 season ticket. You can make your choice here. Your gift will earn you the same rewards and recognition as a cash donation.
- Spread the word on social media.
Donations and Season Ticket Gifts will both be shown against the running total, working towards our target. Please contact us if you want to combine cash and Season Ticket Gifts at [email protected]
Whatever way you choose to help your Club bounce back, we'll be immensely grateful. It's been a tough year for everyone, but we all hope that we're on the path back to normality. With your help we'll be back at Twerton Park soon doing what we love - watching City out on the pitch.
Thank you for your support.
Please note - all rewards are subject to any prevailing Covid-19 regulations or similar, and also subject to capacity in hospitality lounges.