Since 2007 we've been developing a platform for new writers, expanding a space for independent media, countering disinformation and supporting the campaign for independence.
- We've built a reputation for high-quality independent writing and critical thinking that speaks to and is read by people across Scotland and beyond
- We publish daily and support freelance journalists, writers, and artists
- In the lockdown we've been supporting musicians and performers whose careers have been undermined and produced content to try and help us all get through this
- We believe that renewing, reclaiming and re-imagining the media is a key part of the democratic revolution that’s taking hold in Scotland and beyond
- We are an ad-free space, with no corporate backers and no paywall. We are entirely reader-funded. If you value independent media we need your support.
We are asking for:
- £30,000 to support us to continue to develop independent journalism
- All funds to go to our freelance writers and artists
- Continue a rich mix of political analysis and cultural content
- Support Lorna Miller - the UK's only woman weekly cartoonist
- Support our regular columnists and arts and culture editors
- Expand our content to include our new podcast and investigative journalism
We are committed to:
Free and independent journalism and information equality:
- We've created a space for hundreds of new writers. Check out some of them here.
- Campaigning for Scottish independence and social and environmental justice.
Other Ways You Can Help
Lots of us are skint because of the coronavirus. If you can't contribute, please share the campaign in your own networks - on Facebook, on Instagram, on Twitter.