We want to find out if Back Her Business is making a difference to the development of women's business ideas. Even if these ideas don't become crowdfunding projects, we are trying to find out if the programme is having impacts that we can't see.
These Terms and Conditions apply to the Crowdfunder Business Start Survey “£500 John Lewis Voucher” competition (to be referred to as the “campaign”). By entering into the campaign, entrants agree to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions:
1. The Promoter is Crowdfunder Ltd, C-Space, 5-7 The Crescent, Newquay, TR7 1DT (Crowdfunder, Crowdfunder.co.uk).
2. The campaign opens at 4:00 pm on 18th June 2020 (the “Opening Date”) and closes at 11:59 pm on 26th June 2020 (the “Closing Date”) (the “Promotional Period”). No entries will be accepted before the Opening Date or after the Closing Date.
3. Entries not in accordance with the entry instructions are invalid and entries which are delayed, duplicated, incomplete, illegible, submitted via an alternative method or lost through technical problems will be disqualified. No responsibility is accepted for such entries. Proof of submission online will not be accepted as proof of entry.
4. Entrants must be 18 years of age or over, identify as female, be a UK resident and also match the Back Her Business programme eligibility criteria. See here for more information: NatWest (England & Wales), Royal Bank of Scotland (Scotland), Ulster Bank (Northern Ireland)
5. The prize draw is open to all respondents who complete Crowdfunder’s ‘Business Start Survey’ via email or Facebook within the promotional period.
6. Staff members of Crowdfunder Ltd are not eligible to enter the prize draw.
7. Entry to the prize draw is by completing the ‘Crowdfunder Business Start Survey’. By completing the survey entrants confirm that they have the permission of the organisation they are working for to enter the prize draw.
8. Only one entry per person. Multiple entries will be disqualified.
9. There is 1 prize available:
a. £500 John Lewis gift card
10. The prize draw closes at 11:59 pm on 26th June 2020 with winners drawn by the Promoter on 1st July 2020 using a computer programme to randomly generate a winner.
11. The winner will be notified by email on 2nd July 2020 to the email address they specified when they completed the survey. If the winner does not claim the prize within 30 days of being notified then they will forfeit the prize and a re-draw will take place. To claim the prize, the winner must follow the instructions in the email notifying then that they are the winner.
12. The winner will receive their prize no later than 30 days after they claim the prize.
13. The winner is responsible for paying any income tax (if any) due on the prize won.
14. There is no cash alternative to the prize.
15. No responsibility will be accepted for incomplete or lost entries or entries not received.
16. In the event of any dispute, the Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
17. By entering the prize draw you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
18. Entrants are responsible for all expenses incurred as a result of participating in this campaign.
19. The Promoters reserve the right to cancel or amend the campaign or these terms and conditions at any stage but will only do so for reasons outside of their reasonable control. The Promoters will endeavour to minimize the effect of such cancellation or amendment on participants in order to avoid disappointment.
20. If you have opted in to receive marketing and communications from the Promoters then by entering this campaign and providing your details you are providing your consent for the Promoters and relevant partners to use your personal information to contact you with information about products and services, special offers and rewards. From time to time, the Promoters may contact you by mail, telephone, email, other electronic messaging services (such as text, voice, sound or image messages including using automated calling systems) or fax for these purposes. It may be necessary to transfer your information to another country. If we do we will make sure that it is given the same levels of protection as needed under the UK Data Protection Act.
21. You confirm and warrant that no aspect of your participation in this campaign will infringe the intellectual property rights or other rights of any third party.
22. The Promoters accept no responsibility or liability for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorised access to entries, or entries lost, incomplete or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server failures, virus, bugs or other causes outside its control. All lost, damaged or incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
23. Illegible, incomplete or fraudulent entries will be rejected. Any entrant who enters or attempts to enter the campaign in a manner which in the Promoters’ reasonable determination is contrary to these Terms or unfair to other entrants (including without limitation tampering with the operation of the campaign, cheating, hacking, deception or any other unfair practices such as intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrant, or the Promoters and/or any of their agents or representatives) may be rejected from the campaign at the Promoters’ sole discretion. Where such actions have significantly impaired the campaign, the Promoters may, at their sole discretion, vary the campaign as it deems reasonably necessary in order to resolve any problems arising as a result of such actions.
24. Proof of entry shall not be proof of delivery or receipt. Only entries received in accordance with these Terms and the instructions will be accepted. Failure to respond to a notification within a reasonable time may result in disqualification and another entrant may be selected at the Promoters’ discretion. In the event that the entrant declines the selection, the Promoters may elect, at their discretion, to select another entrant. The Promoters will make reasonable attempts to contact successful entrants. If no acknowledgement is received in response to such attempts, the Promoters may reallocate the place.
25. The Promoters, in their sole discretion, may disqualify any entrant at any stage for providing untruthful, inaccurate, misleading details and/or information and/or is otherwise in breach of these Terms.
27.By entering the campaign, you are deemed to accept these Terms and all other terms and conditions. The Promoters may, at their sole discretion, change the dates of entry into the campaign and/or the dates on which the campaign will be promoted and the Promoters reserve the right to alter, amend or withdraw these Terms and/or the campaign without liability and without prior notice.
28. These Terms are governed by and construed and performed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. The courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with these Terms.