Bath Festivals is a charity with a mission to enrich people’s lives and enhance their wellbeing through the positive power of music, words, books and performance. The current COVID-19 crisis means that, sadly, we can’t run many of the planned events we had scheduled for spring this year. The impact of reduced ticket sales, sponsorship and public funding means that we need your help now to ensure that Bath Festivals is here to share a love of books and music with future generations.
We have been working in our communities to celebrate and provide access to the best of music and books in the beautiful city of Bath for more than 70 years. Our goal is to increase and broaden community engagement to provide a vibrant arts culture for everyone…we cannot do this without your support.
We need to raise funds to support us through the next 6 months, enabling us to:
- continue with our year-round outreach programme
- bring together the community as we reschedule our spring programme and provide a platform for speakers, writers, musicians, and performance
- plan our next annual Children’s Literature Festival
Each year, Bath Festivals, an arts charity which is less than 5% publicly funded, generates income for the local economy and supports local, national, established and rising artists and authors. Our outreach work through our Creative Learning Programme engages with more than 7000 children and vulnerable people in our community each year, inspiring a love of books and music.
If you’ve enjoyed, as so many of us have, events and experiences such as:
- Taking your children, grandchildren, nieces, nephews and family friends to be inspired by their favourite authors and illustrators of the magical world of children’s books
- Hearing some of the world’s finest musicians here in Bath and listening to best-selling authors discuss some of the big issues of our time
- Witnessing the faces of children and young people, facing life challenges, light up as they experience life-enhancing opportunities from one of the many music and literature projects provided in our year-round Creative Learning programme
- Party in the City with all that fantastic free music across Bath’s brilliant venues, joining in the celebrations everyone out on the city streets and dancing in the parks
Then help us keep these much-loved events in Bath’s diary an intrinsic part of our community.
Whatever you can spare, will make a big difference. And if you can’t afford to donate directly, sharing this plea further will assist us greatly.
Please donate and spread the word.
Bath Festivals team
P.S. if you wish to support us in other ways, please click here visit for details on becoming a member or patron.