For the first time in history 11 European parties for animals are contesting the EU elections together as Animal Politics EU. Our movement represents voters in the UK, Netherlands, Belgium, France, Germany, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Sweden, Finland and Cyprus. We're campaigning together on a collective manifesto to create a fairer and more sustainable future for all. Will you help us? Here in the UK, Animal Welfare Party urgently needs funds to print election leaflets, posters and run a targeted social media campaign. Your support today will help us reach more voters and let them know there is an animal and environmentally-friendly option to vote for.
Our Key Policies for Europe
All Animal Politics EU parties have a shared vision and will work closely together to:
- Raise the moral and legal status of animals
- Phase out farming practices which are harmful to animals and re-direct EU subsidies away from the livestock industry into sustainable, plant-based & organic agriculture
- Ensure proper enforcement of animal welfare legislation across all EU member states
- End the long distance transport of live animals within and outside the EU
- Stop over-fishing within and outside European waters
- Phase out animal testing with binding targets for reduction and replacement, combined with incentives for alternative testing methods
- End legal derogations and subsidies for cultural and religious traditions that involve cruelty to animals such as bull-fighting, non-stun slaughter and foie gras production
- Fight the illicit trade of pets and halt the barbaric treatment of stray dogs and cats in Europe
- Implement a ban on hunting and prohibit the import of wildlife trophies
- Close all European fur farms and ban fur imports from third countries
- Take hazardous pesticides and endocrine disrupting chemicals off the market
- Combat climate change by supporting a shift towards a plant-based lifestyle, implementing a CO2 tax for companies and speeding up efforts to realise a complete switch to renewable energy
- Make efficient, affordable and accessible public transport, as an alternative to air travel, a reality
Please Help Write the Next Chapter in UK History.
Support our Campaign and Vote Animal Welfare Party in the London Region on 23rd May!