The Leadmill, Sheffield and grassroots venues in the UK need our support
In conjunction with The Music Venue Trust, Arctic Monkeys are raising money for The Leadmill in Sheffield and other independent grassroots music venues across the UK. During the early stages of their career, the band performed at numerous small music venues around the country and regularly played at The Leadmill.
The impact of Covid-19 has been devastating for all music venues and particularly those independent venues who have provided a stage for countless artists at the very start of their careers. The Leadmill is a Sheffield venue that has played host to an incredible amount of talent over the past four decades including Pulp, Coldplay, Arcade Fire, Muse, Oasis, Stone Roses, The White Stripes, Jorja Smith, Michael Kiwanuka as well as Arctic Monkeys.
Since closing their doors back in March, The Leadmill has had to work to reschedule or cancel over 120 events. With no clear opening date on the horizon, the future of this legendary Sheffield venue and the dedicated staff who run it, is now uncertain.
How are we raising money?
In an effort to raise critical funds to help support The Leadmill and numerous other grassroots music venues in the UK, Alex Turner has offered to raffle his black Fender Stratocaster guitar which he used for many of the band’s early performances including shows at The Leadmill and Reading Festival in 2006.
Everyone who enters the draw will gain access to an exclusive viewing of the band’s performance at Reading Festival in 2006. Access to view the performance will be invite only and will be shown at 8:00pm BST on Wednesday 26th August 2020 and will remain available for 24 hours. Everyone who enters the draw will be sent a link 2 hours before it begins via email.
Where is the money going?
All funds raised will go to The Music Venue Trust to support The Leadmill in Sheffield and other independent grassroots music venues across the UK. Thank you for your support.
Terms and Conditions:
- Entrants must be over 18 years of age.
- Open to anyone (over the age of 18), world wide.
- Entries will be accepted between 12pm BST Tuesday 11th August 2020 and 6pm BST Tuesday 25th August 2020.
- Entrants may enter as many times as they'd like.
- Entrants can pledge to this campaign without entering the prize draw.
- To enter the draw without pledging, please send a postcard with your name, address and contact telephone number to Wildlife Entertainment, Unit F, 21 Heathmans Road, London SW6 4TJ
- The winner will be chosen at random and contacted before Friday 28th August 2020 . They will be contacted by email on how to claim their prize. If the winner does not respond within 72 hours of the initial email being sent, the next winner will be chosen at random and emailed within 1 week.
- Everyone who has entered the draw will be emailed a link to the Reading Performance 2 hours before it starts. The email will come via Crowdfunder, please ensure you check your junk. Everyone will be sent a reminder on Tuesday 25th August.
- If you decide to donate instead of enter the draw to win Alex's guitar, please ensure you provide your email address so you can receive a link to the online screening of the bands Reading Festival 2006 performance.
- Please contact [email protected] if you have any queries or questions.
Arctic Monkeys are Alex Turner, Jamie Cook, Nick O’Malley and Matt Helders. Formed in High Green, Sheffield in 2002, the band have released 6 albums to date, their most recent, 'Tranquility Base Hotel + Casino’ released in 2018.